PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Never forget that the real fraud is "Financial Fair Play". Nothing we may, or may not, have done comes close to that corrupt charade.

We getting done because of those leaked emails that were sewn together and once cas cleared us because of the time barred! Premier levy and his buddies were not happy so they rallied and pressurised the premier to open up an investigation!

I just don't have the strength to deal with fans of other clubs on this thread. I'm not even sure what you are doing here?
That's a little disappointing to read. I'm a member of this forum and find this topic an interesting and important one.

I'm not getting 'involved' involved, due to probably not knowing enough about the minutiae. My only material input thus far has been along the lines of 'isn't Miguel Delaney a slippery twat?', the insight of which was gleaned from previous interactions with City fans here who worded me up as to Mr Delaney's journalistic pedigree.

Fair play though, you are possibly the first person ever on the forum to take offense to a smiling emoji :)

I don't agree with FFP and don't think the charges will stick, but the idea that rich and powerful people are somehow above suspicion is one that I find bizarre.

That's not to suggest that our owners are anything but paragons of virtue, but the World is absolutely full of the rich, the powerful, royals and politicians who absolutely don't care about rules. The UK is considered one of the least corrupt countries in the World, but our politicians, corporations, royals are up to shady shit constantly.

As I said, I don't believe these charges will stick, and I think City are being targeted unfairly, but putting your trust in powerful people is a one way ticket to a whole world of disappointment.

I agree with your sentiments about the rich politicuans, jeez if I had to rely on them.

The fact that hey claim we are state owned rather than Sheik Mansours personal investment, however the state owned companies are skint so sheik Mansour pays it himself despite…..

It’s all lunacy & they tie themselves in knots.

Never forget that the real fraud is "Financial Fair Play". Nothing we may, or may not, have done comes close to that corrupt charade.
I was laughing recently that the media were claiming it was unfair that Newcastle had announced a new Saudi sponsor for around half of what Liverpool get for their shirt sponsor.

Not one journalist commented on the irony of FFP dictating a team that finished 3rd can only hope for 50% sponsorship of a team that finished below them - and even worse somehow think this deal is unfair to the old Sky 4 teams that get double !!!

I agree with your sentiments about the rich politicuans, jeez if I had to rely on them.

The fact that hey claim we are state owned rather than Sheik Mansours personal investment, however the state owned companies are skint so sheik Mansour pays it himself despite…..

It’s all lunacy & they tie themselves in knots.
Great point the State own City but poor old Abu Dhabi/UAE are so skint the Sheikh has to bail them out to.meet the sponsorships. Its such rubbish a 6 year old wouldn't write it bit most of the country believes it.

I thought Etisalat started sponsoring City in 2009 and the 2012 contract was a renewal rather than something new? Which puts a rather different light on the allegations about backdated payments.

I thought Etisalat started sponsoring City in 2009 and the 2012 contract was a renewal rather than something new? Which puts a rather different light on the allegations about backdated payments.

Iirc, Etisalat 2 is the only one of the sponsorships where it can be shown that ADUG paid money to the club (as an advance whilst payment was being processed by Etisalat) to cover the amount owed by the sponsor. It wasn't accounted for particularly well, but that is hardly the "gotcha" they are looking for (the money from ADUG imo should have been recorded by the club in a short term current account, rather than a reduction of the receivable from Etisalat). It certainly isn't an indication of fraud to me as an (ex)accountant as, afaik, the contract was fair value and completely fulfilled each year by the club and (eventually) by Etisalat. Also, it's not material to the balance sheet (and doesn't impact revenues or losses at all) and so doesn't distort the true and fair view given by the accounts. And Delaney suggesting that the way Etisalat was handled proves there was something wrong with Etihad is just so childish it doesn't even warrant consideration. The circumstances were completely different and Etihad will be judged, once again, on its own merits, of which there are plenty.

All imho, of course.

Hopefully the virtual trams will offer a better service.
But to get the most authentic experience, the VR tram will break down on-route to the match and you will actually be late for the VR match itself! Of course it will be pissing down, so the 4-D effect will include a misting device on said VR headset to get you piss wet through (you know, that famous Northern drizzle that soaks you through!) :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.