PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It is what it is. My over-optimistic hope is that the overseas virtual fans will subsidise tickets for match-goers. The spectacle has to have a crowd. Football is huge now, possibly the UKs biggest export, which is not saying much these days!
Count me in over here in Buford, GA!! No empty seats on my settee here !!!

I was wondering if the Chairman’s very restrained comments on this issue during his state of the nation interview and the appearance of Ceferin in Manchester a few days later making mea culpa noises about the Champions League final fuck up are linked and significant.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn there were high level discussions between the Club, The FA and UEFA to make this situation go away as quickly as possible.
THIS !!!

That's a little disappointing to read. I'm a member of this forum and find this topic an interesting and important one.

I'm not getting 'involved' involved, due to probably not knowing enough about the minutiae. My only material input thus far has been along the lines of 'isn't Miguel Delaney a slippery twat?', the insight of which was gleaned from previous interactions with City fans here who worded me up as to Mr Delaney's journalistic pedigree.

Fair play though, you are possibly the first person ever on the forum to take offense to a smiling emoji :)

If you really have been following this thread, you will have seen that the number of people joking and having a laugh on here is approximately zero. This is deadly serious stuff to the club and the fanbase after the 15 years of shit we have had to deal with. In fact, it is the fanbase that has borne the brunt.

Look, you are generally a fair poster but let me suggest to you as I have to other fans of other clubs who come on this thread. By all means follow the thread, ask questions if you are generally interested, but don't make any comments unless they are supportive. Feelings are still raw on here. I'm surprised you don't get it.

I was wondering if the Chairman’s very restrained comments on this issue during his state of the nation interview and the appearance of Ceferin in Manchester a few days later making mea culpa noises about the Champions League final fuck up are linked and significant.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn there were high level discussions between the Club, The FA and UEFA to make this situation go away as quickly as possible.

Found this on twitter and it's quite a contrast of comments compared to this one 25 years ago:

FzjfxmoXgAEfoR0

Can I reiterate once again that the independent and every other mardarse bitter publication are accusing Sheikh Mansour, deputy prime minister of The UAE, an Emirati Royal and a professional politician, of lying, knowingly covering up sponsorship deals and putting his reputation on the line.
Are these morons aware of the implications of throwing accusations at someone like him?

This isn't going to end well for the WhatsApp group and the Harris wankers and deloony. They are living on borrowed time my pedigree chums.
I’m sure the Sheik is a fine upstanding fellow but the notion that he must be so because he’s “deputy prime minister…. and Professional politician…” is nonsense.

By that logic Boris Johnson can’t be a liar !

I’m sure the Sheik is a fine upstanding fellow but the notion that he must be so because he’s “deputy prime minister…. and Professional politician…” is nonsense.

By that logic Boris Johnson can’t be a liar !

Pity Johnson didn't lie to Sheik Mansoor because he would probably have been beheaded, which would have been a very deserved outcome imo

If you really have been following this thread, you will have seen that the number of people joking and having a laugh on here is approximately zero. This is deadly serious stuff to the club and the fanbase after the 15 years of shit we have had to deal with. In fact, it is the fanbase that has borne the brunt.

Look, you are generally a fair poster but let me suggest to you as I have to other fans of other clubs who come on this thread. By all means follow the thread, ask questions if you are generally interested, but don't make any comments unless they are supportive. Feelings are still raw on here. I'm surprised you don't get it.
That's the thing my friend - I do get it. Which is why the only two things I've posted are:
1. I believe that the Independent article by Miguel Delaney as referenced today is highly questionable due to the track record of the author (read, supportive!)
2. I did have a smile with someone here who suggested that politicians shouldn't be accused of lying, which I and he both thought was quite funny on reflection!

I appreciate and respect your view of this topic as being sensitive, but I hope you also realise that in this particular instance you've jumped the gun a little. Anyway, all good.

I can promise you I won't be contributing here unless I have something positive and/or helpful to post (doubtful!), and will certainly ask questions if I feel the need to :)

I agree with you that there is more to our involvement with the ESL than meets the eye in that it wasn't a simple misjudgement, but not on this point.

The rules don't give a right of appeal for a reason. Who is going to suggest that it isn't "fair" if the judgement finds against us. It would be met with universal approbation across the media and the people concerned would be feted as the "saviours of football".
My point is that the disapproval would come from within the legal profession not the brainwashed media.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.