PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Ziegler is one of the club's preferred journalists. He was the guy they leaked the Liverpool spygate story to, and he's come out with quite a few pieces presenting City's side to various controversial events with little bits of info no one else has.

I'd be surprised if he's part of some shadowy cabal working against the club.
You are putting it at too high a level. Nobody is suggesting Ziegler or The Times were part of any shadowy cabal. They were offered an exclusive story in exchange to push the link to the video. Its classic PR. I'm not suggesting Ziegler (or frankly anyone) has done anything wrong. I've even said that the doc itself is a decent, if wholly one-sided, summary of most of the affair. Nothing I've actually said above is speculation aside from how the whole 8pm embargo came together. It is indisputable that it was co-ordinated by someone.

I've not watched the video, it sounds like a hatchet job, I think even the more level headed rival fans can sense that. But has anything like that been done before, even for the bigger political scandals? - Anonymously, no financial gain or journalistic credit, a company set up especially for it, and from what I hear a lot of money invested in the production - all just good old fashioned journalism, raising awareness etc? I don't think so.

Because City have record social media engagement, sponsorship, viewership, attendance anything else you want to measure. They don't care because it really doesn't matter. If we are cleared of the main charges we are cleared of the main charges.
It does matter. It is dreadful PR and impacts all of the above.

Just reading and had a crazy thought.... imagine if we were behind the video (a sort of 25 degree chess move) to make the investigation seem like it leaks like a collandar). There apparently is nothing anywhere near new in it, I say apparently as I'm not for watching it.

I know, I've not even had a drink yet!!!! ;)
Hello Eni Aluko ;)

I don't know why City don't have a modern social media savvy PR firm pumping stuff out countering all the bullshit about this and empyy seats and transfer spend via some "3rd party" source, a bit like SBLN on Twitter does but much more. It's all bad PR for City when it comes to attracting new fans and a lie spreads round the world before the truth has its boots on.
It baffles me as why they don’t do this. It seems so obvious. Even if they left addressing the bullshit alone and just focused on positive City stories both on the team and the miracle the club has delivered for Manchester investment and development.
Look at what the rag machine has done with Rashford !

Because City have record social media engagement, sponsorship, viewership, attendance anything else you want to measure. They don't care because it really doesn't matter. If we are cleared of the main charges we are cleared of the main charges.
Fair comment but all those things are not mutually exclusive to positively managing their image. Those records could be even higher. Just because something is working well, you don’t stop striving to improve.

It baffles me as why they don’t do this. It seems so obvious. Even if they left addressing the bullshit alone and just focused on positive City stories both on the team and the miracle the club has delivered for Manchester investment and development.
Look at what the rag machine has done with Rashford !
the net spend league, the actual attendance figures, hostiry v Liverpool/United. I once send a tweet to my young lads which showed how we won trophies before Liverpool and how our attendances compared and they said "Finally I have a comeback". City want to grow, they need to attract kids and this kind of shit puts kids off. They need to develop a narrative about how the established elite have tried to stop City with FFP etc.

Ziegler is one of the club's preferred journalists. He was the guy they leaked the Liverpool spygate story to, and he's come out with quite a few pieces presenting City's side to various controversial events with little bits of info no one else has.

I'd be surprised if he's part of some shadowy cabal working against the club.

Jesus if he’s a friend I’d hate to meet our enemies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.