PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don't know why City don't have a modern social media savvy PR firm pumping stuff out countering all the bullshit about this and empyy seats and transfer spend via some "3rd party" source, a bit like SBLN on Twitter does but much more. It's all bad PR for City when it comes to attracting new fans and a lie spreads round the world before the truth has its boots on.

I got that impression. Morgan and then Talksport have highlighted it a few times, especially Jordan. It was quite funny actually, Jordan urged people to go watch it and Jim White said "who's it been made by some Middle Eastern rival to Abu Dhabi" to which Jordan stumbled and then said "there's a lot of european faces in there" as a counterpoint.

1 - I'd never thought of Qatar doing something like this
2 - Jordan seemed to know it wasnt ME origin though, or at least hoped it wasnt.
3 - Just because its got European faces must mean its made by white people?
4 - In think whomever did it is either embarrased (Unlikely) or scared.
It's not made by Qatar it's made by the same shitheads that's been trying to get us since 2008.

Ziegler is one of the club's preferred journalists. He was the guy they leaked the Liverpool spygate story to, and he's come out with quite a few pieces presenting City's side to various controversial events with little bits of info no one else has.

I'd be surprised if he's part of some shadowy cabal working against the club.

Yes he has been briefed at times but I've seen him challenged many times on twitter for factual inaccuracies on related parties, ownership etc etc. Sometimes he acknowledges the "mistake" only for it to be repeated at a later date.

Then you have his weekly podcast with Tariq Panja and Rob Harris. Panja is the worst offender by far for bad faith anti-City stuff on the pod. Ziegler has his moments as well. I'm talking less about opinions but when the facts are clearly wrong and he knows better.

Piecing it together, it was part of a deal which is only really likely to have been "brokered" by a PR person or firm (again paid by someone). They co-ordinated The Times (Martin Ziegler) to run 2 pieces at 8pm (the start time of Morgan's show) and Morgan. Presumably, Ziegler didn't fancy or couldn't make it into the studio so Matt Lawton did it for the Times.

The main piece in the Times had some detail about the video so was fair (no credits, BVI etc). Both had a link to the video itself which also ran its premiere at 8pm. The credits were then added a 24-48 later.

Sinister? You decide? Secretive definitely.
View attachment 85676
View attachment 85677
And for readers who might not know this, The Times, TalkTV and TalkSport are all operated by News Corp so that is why there is that degree of coordination.

Edit: though I'm not sure you'd have to pay too much for that sort of coordination, editors at Talk/Times would sort that themselves.

Last edited:
I don't know why City don't have a modern social media savvy PR firm pumping stuff out countering all the bullshit about this and empyy seats and transfer spend via some "3rd party" source, a bit like SBLN on Twitter does but much more. It's all bad PR for City when it comes to attracting new fans and a lie spreads round the world before the truth has its boots on.
Because City have record social media engagement, sponsorship, viewership, attendance anything else you want to measure. They don't care because it really doesn't matter. If we are cleared of the main charges we are cleared of the main charges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.