PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but what does that mean?
Hope the following helps bud :)

that

pronoun

1. 1.
    used to identify a specific person or thing observed or heard by the speaker.
    "that's his wife over there"

2. 2.
    referring to a specific thing previously mentioned, known, or understood.
    "that's a good idea"

determiner

1. 1.
    used to identify a specific person or thing observed or heard by the speaker.
    "look at that chap there"
  2. 2.
    referring to a specific thing previously mentioned, known, or understood.
    "he lived in Mysore at that time"

adverb

1. to such a degree; so.
    "I wouldn't go that far"

conjunction

/ðat,ðət/
  1. 1.
    introducing a subordinate clause expressing a statement or hypothesis.
    "she said that she was satisfied"
  2. 2.
    LITERARY
    expressing a wish or regret.
    "oh that he could be restored to health"

Where do they say this?

I can't find any reference.
I didn’t keep a ref. Was a couple of weeks ago, in article by Henry Winter. He called for lawyers to ‘stop delaying’ the process and reach a quick resolution.
He did this previously after CAS 2, suggesting that City had tried to ‘kick it into the long grass.’ Due process is not something he understands.

European football has to stick to applying some limits (which is why the 115 charges for financial breaches hanging over Manchester City remain such an important, high-profile test of whether the rules are going to be enforced) even as the Saudi splurge picks off some of the game’s star names.

No mention of the possibility that we might be found not guilty.
Or, rather, just be not guilty...

I didn’t keep a ref. Was a couple of weeks ago, in article by Henry Winter. He called for lawyers to ‘stop delaying’ the process and reach a quick resolution.
He did this previously after CAS 2, suggesting that City had tried to ‘kick it into the long grass.’ Due process is not something he understands.

or just wants to stir the pot perhaps.

The standards of the journalists are not very high no matter which rag , sorry quality newspaper, they write for, are they Henry ?

Winter believes his own hype the smug self important twat.

Article by Matt Dickinson mostly about Trevor Francis, but which contained this gem:

Justified discomfort about how football’s financial rules are shaped, and the restrictions on open competition, are surely trumped by a greater angst of allowing a wild west in which football is in danger of becoming even more of a state-funded powerplay.

European football has to stick to applying some limits (which is why the 115 charges for financial breaches hanging over Manchester City remain such an important, high-profile test of whether the rules are going to be enforced) even as the Saudi splurge picks off some of the game’s star names.

No mention of the possibility that we might be found not guilty.
Thick **** doesn’t appreciate that the charges are enforcement of the rules. Enforcement is any action carried out in the exercise of, or against the background of powers and duties in relation to rules/regulations. There is a difference between enforcement of rules and a finding by a tribunal that they have been broken. For example, an enforcement notice issued by a public authority still needs to be determined by a court (possibly subject to certain interim measures).

The rules have already been enforced, albeit with a conspicuous absence of particularity.

Unbelievable this **** gets to write so imprecisely in a national newspaper with a daily circulation in six figures.

Fucking fraud.

Thick **** doesn’t appreciate that the charges are enforcement of the rules. Enforcement is any action carried out in the exercise of, or against the background of powers and duties in relation to rules/regulations. There is a difference between enforcement of rules and a finding by a tribunal that they have been broken. For example, an enforcement notice issued by a public authority still needs to be determined by a court (possibly subject to certain interim measures).

The rules have already been enforced, albeit with a conspicuous absence of particularity.

Unbelievable this **** gets to write so imprecisely in a national newspaper with a daily circulation in six figures.

Fucking fraud.
I think you've minimised the import of his comments. It's implying that if we are found not to have broken the rules then it's because the rules were not enforced.

It must becoming tougher to give any king of tough punishment now.

Worst we can be looking for would be a points deduction.

Would be bump in the world but would annoy me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.