PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

As a 'benefit' of my free access to The Athletic I can see all the comments (if I could be bothered I can also comment but don't do so).

Needless to say they are exactly as you'd expect if you went on Red Cafe or RAWK. Strangely The Athletic rarely open comments on any articles on this subject. Here are some examples:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-22-21-23-56-342_com.theathletic.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-22-21-23-56-342_com.theathletic.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 209
FFS get the facts right. The shitty article states the following:

The UK government has admitted its embassy in Abu Dhabi and the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) in London have discussed the charges.

It’s not number 10 discussing anything it’s the fucking UK embassy in AD.

The UK government has admitted its embassy in Abu Dhabi and the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) in London have discussed the charges.

Here is the headline..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-22-21-28-56-436_com.theathletic.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-22-21-28-56-436_com.theathletic.jpg
    762 KB · Views: 185
I’m probably missing something, but still don’t understand why you think that is necessarily a bad thing?

Because it shouldn’t be discussed at all at that level, to me that being an inevitability helps the argument for anyone saying not just a state but anyone with links or direct association to a state or ruling body also shouldn’t be owning a football club.

I’ve never agreed with that, but that’s because I believe their private ownership should be completely separated from their state role.

That’s right mate. The FCDO is not part of the uk government and thus could be argued independent-;)

Just like Mansour & Abu Dhabi!

Lazy journalism again…

If you read all of this thread you should know that those charges are agenda driven by the American owners who want their ball back and want to discredit our achievements.
Agenda driven, just like Shallyman and the rest of the Red-tops.

Absolutely love seeing their salty tears flow on these threads.

Because it shouldn’t be discussed at all at that level, to me that being an inevitability helps the argument for anyone saying not just a state but anyone with links or direct association to a state or ruling body also shouldn’t be owning a football club.

I’ve never agreed with that, but that’s because I believe their private ownership should be completely separated from their state role.
Fair enough mate. I’d say this was a fairly exceptional circumstance though. If Mansour believes the club are being treated unjustly, as he clearly does, then it was perhaps inevitable that he’d use whatever leverage available to him. He was never going to just stand back and let a multi billion pound asset potentially get fucked over.

I think if the club don't want to comment on this article or others they should redirect the press questions to;
Media Duscussion
Bluemoon forum
T'internet.
But bar them from the match day thread as that would give the impression Bluemoon is frequented by one or two fruit cakes ;-)
PS. But maybe some journalists would fit right in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.