PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I disagree with the scouting hack, you can’t 100% prevent corporate espionage & I’m not buying we didn’t take it further through fear. I’ve just agreed a financial settlement where they have admitted no liability but like the Scouse cunts they wouldn’t have paid a penny if they felt they’d have won. Why did I settle for less than I should have, well that’s what happens at conciliation, you agree to a win win as there is never 100% certainty in the result.
Have you quoted the wrong message there as those points relate to another post?

Correct if this is regrading the ex-employees accessing our scouting database, it was done and dusted years ago and presumably the relevant authorities were informed including the PL and everyone moved on.

I find it rather pathetic and small minded that people on here keep bringing it up although I do have a lot of doubts about some of the repeat offenders.
Don’t know about the PL but I can tell you for a fact that the ICO didn’t know a thing about it until it belatedly hit the press years later

"A report published in The Times in November revealed that, in 2013, the two clubs reached a confidential settlement relating to alleged 'spying' worth £1m."

What's even more funny and plain weird is why WE allowed this to be brushed under the carpet so easily, we took a 1M payoff and more importantly or laughable, signed a non disclosure with the dippers.

I have said before but one issue I do have with our ownership is is meek minded way it's "fights" it's distractors.
We really needed to tighten up our digital security some time ago in hindsight didn’t we.

No it’s a response to your last line

“The charges and the Liverpool 'hacking' are for the most part self-inflicted.”
Subsequent events definitely yes but the onus in protecting all critical information is on the club and they failed dismally.

It's like someone said 'Fred knows computers and he's been here years so he can look after them'. It reminds me of the management of the company I worked at before my last one.

Subsequent events definitely yes but the onus in protecting all critical information is on the club and they failed dismally.

It's like someone said 'Fred knows computers and he's been here years so he can look after them'. It reminds me of the management of the company I worked at before my last one.

Scouting database I think is tough as it’s designed for remote access but it could be that it has different authority levels.

As long as it never happens again.

I was talking to my mate who was investigating & taking control of a huge hack for a blue chip company & the hackers had been in the network 12 months before holding it for ransom.

Correct if this is regrading the ex-employees accessing our scouting database, it was done and dusted years ago and presumably the relevant authorities were informed including the PL and everyone moved on.

I find it rather pathetic and small minded that people on here keep bringing it up although I do have a lot of doubts about some of the repeat offenders.
Agreed, almost as small minded as hitting City with over a hundred petty allegations from a period of time necessary to our investment growth.

The club appointed a Chief Technology Officer at the CFG level in 2017, with the following brief...

"to help CFG achieve its ambition of being the most technologically advanced football group in the world"

Its probably safe to assume we have a raised our security game drastically from the period when the convicted extortionist (Rui Pinto) carried out the IT attack.

Ref: https://www.cityfootballgroup.com/our-business/leadership-team/

The same CFG General Counsel (Simon Cliff) is still in post (since 2008) and is responsible for :-

"overseeing the organization's legal, company secretarial, safeguarding and compliance functions"

In a parallel universe I bumped into Simon in Mary's before a game, we had a 3 pint chat all about the charges, and he said "don't worry fella it's ALL in hand...."

I’ve been though this before
The Liverpool employee(s) undoubtedly committed criminal offences under both the previous, pre GDPR data protection act and also the computer misuse act, and would/should have faced prosecution. The latter legislation includes prison sentences as a potential penalty
However, both the cult (if there was evidence they knew about it) and City were also potentially liable for civil penalties under the old DPA and fines of up to £500k had it been reported to the ICO. The scousers for unlawful access to personal data and City for failing in their legal duty to keep personal data secure from unauthorised access.
So it probably suited both parties to keep it quiet
Spot on. We faced a big reputational risk as well as Liverpool because we had been sloppy with our data. And some of that data would have been sensitive information about youth and academy players at other clubs. We would also have faced fines for allowing the data breach. A total can of worms.

Spot on. We faced a big reputational risk as well as Liverpool because we had been sloppy with our data. And some of that data would have been sensitive information about youth and academy players at other clubs. We would also have faced fines for allowing the data breach. A total can of worms.
Yep and because it almost certainly contained medical information, it would have been classed as particularly sensitive. And so the potential penalties were exacerbated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.