PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Bit by bit, stealthily, the number of English clubs allowed into the CL increases 3 to 4, 4 to 5, so there is less and less chance of one of the cartel missing out. The ESL was, and remains, the logical conclusion.
Top six in the near future will be Champions League places so all the privileged few will have to be truly shite not to qualify ! Nothing changes with UEFA just that they know we won't be going away anytime soon so they increase the number of places to qualify ! If the Premier League wasn't so cash rich a European Super League would already exist to the detriment of all the European Club Leagues!

@POYNTON BLUE LEADER. Ffs look at our accounts which are published on line. City is a wholly owned subsidiary of CFG. CFG is owned about 80% by Mansour and 20% by Silver Lake.
Mansour does not own City and has no shares in it. He is noted on the accounts as a person of influence because he holds over 75% of CFG shares. If you want to look at CFG accounts you will need to go to Companies House site as they are no longer published on line by CFG. There you will find the parent company of CFG which is Newton Investments which replaced ADUG. That co is wholly owned by Mansour. Both City and CFG are British registered companies but Newton is not, so you can’t look behind the curtain there.
Sorry @kaz7 replied to wrong post.
Yes, but can Prestwich_Blue confirm this please, once and for all?

Can Prestwich Blue give us a definitive answer as to the ownership of MCFC? Is it a very rich Sheik or the state of Abu Dhabi.I am fed up of hearing all the pundits, so called journalists and fans of other clubs spouting their bile on the subject.I dont mind either way but it would be good to know the truth on the subject.
The only definitive answer to your question is very easy, if the piss is boiling , than sheik is our owner but if the piss is boiling beyond melting point of the pot , than our owner is Abu dhabi.

I think we were regarded as a proper club with proper supporters. We had respect from most neutral fans and commentators I think - perhaps because we weren't at all threatening. But I forget how many times people have commented to me about how they used to love visiting Maine Road and how they respected the loyalty of CIty fans through thick and thin.

They only started hating us when we started buying expensive players and winning things.
This is mostly true.
At first they got behind us when we won the league in 2012, because City gave other clubs hope that they could win it too, somewhere along the line.
We had broken the monopoly held by the big 4 and those 4 clubs didn't like what City had done and they were determined that it wasn't going to happen again.
So ffp was rolled out to hamper City and any others who had similar ambition.
City are in danger of turning the P/L into a farmers league by being very good at football according to some, so the attacks on our good name continue.
There was none of this malarkey when the big 4 ruled the roost.
I hope the rags burn in hell, the dippers get eaten by rats and arse disappear up their own fundament.
As for Chelsea, I don't really care what happens to them as they don't wear red.

Last edited:
I think we were regarded as a proper club with proper supporters. We had respect from most neutral fans and commentators I think - perhaps because we weren't at all threatening. But I forget how many times people have commented to me about how they used to love visiting Maine Road and how they respected the loyalty of CIty fans through thick and thin.

They only started hating us when we started buying expensive players and winning things.
We were everyone’s ‘second club’ when we were in the doldrums. Famous for our loyal following and the fact we were in the shadow of the Rags, who everyone despised.

It was nice. But I’d still rather be successful and hated.

The very definition of fickle. And that in a one horse town.
Imagine if they had the Disneyland of football right on their doorstep like us?
They are an absolute myth

View attachment 95717
10,004 is conveniently within five figures. I’d lay a pound to a pinch of shit it was below that threshold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.