PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

How many times does it need saying on this thread that Rangers were never punished? The situations are nowhere near comparable. They liquidated, entire business could not afford to survive so went kaput and started again as a new club. There was no punishment.

We have been accused of wrongdoing which we absolutely deny. An entirely different situation.
Agreed. Absurd comparison.

How many times does it need saying on this thread that Rangers were never punished? The situations are nowhere near comparable. They liquidated, entire business could not afford to survive so went kaput and started again as a new club. There was no punishment.

We have been accused of wrongdoing which we absolutely deny. An entirely different situation.
Besides which, it was a farmer's league before they went bust. If you can have a two horse farmer's league.

8 months on and still we have heard nothing.

I firmly believe the charges allowed Pep to galvanise the squad and inspired us to our treble winning season. We weren't anywhere near our best before the charges were announced and overnight the whole atmosphere around the club changed. It was siege mentality after that and the players completely bought in. It's just my opinion, but I enjoy suggesting it to rival fans if they bring up the charges.

So Rangers being removed from the top flight of Scottish football and relegated to the lowest division did not effect the Scottish game ? Not interested in the pedantics it is the effect of losing a massive club on the top flight of Scottish football , the Scots could have allowed the "new" Rangers to start in the 2nd tier but they decided to punish them to the full extent which made Scottish football even more worthless than it has ever been.

If you mean officially then as said above, come back in 2 years time.

If you mean in terms of leaks, then forget it. The PL have taken note of UEFA's cock ups and will keep a tight lid on affairs.
Nah you give the premier far too much credit. We got to expect they must have learned something from the CAS case but the leagues ffp framework is not as stringent.

So Rangers being removed from the top flight of Scottish football and relegated to the lowest division did not effect the Scottish game ? Not interested in the pedantics it is the effect of losing a massive club on the top flight of Scottish football , the Scots could have allowed the "new" Rangers to start in the 2nd tier but they decided to punish them to the full extent which made Scottish football even more worthless than it has ever been.

They weren't relegated to anywhere, they ceased to exist. This conversation has came up so many times on here and I don't know why, it's beyond apples and oranges here.

Allowing a new club to start higher up the pyramid to the detriment of clubs who fairly earned promotion that same season would have been unequivocally wrong. It wasn't a punishment, they were treated how any new club would be treated. Infact, if anything, they were given preferential treatment over The Spartans (IIRC) who were a lowland league outfit at the time and perhaps where Rangers should have been placed - see Gretna.

What I will say is that if we're convicted of having done what we're alleged then we deserve to be serverely punished. I trust the club that we are not guilty in this respect though and this is no more than a witch hunt brought on by a stinking cartel who will undoubtedly have plenty of dirty laundry of their own.

I have always felt that City will get off with this, as in reality it appears to be rather trivial

However I do not believe that this was an attempt to stop City using legal means, it was to change the narrative, to taint the clubs achievements unfortunately for now they have succeeded
Ha ha ha, tainted? Two fucks I could not give to anyone complaining how we’ve won. In fact, their salty words just make my Moretti taste even better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.