PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's interesting that Chelsea get a relatively free pass with our media regarding their UEFA FFP breaches. They self-reported, accepted their punishment and paid their fine of €10m, and that's the end of the matter.

What our media doesn't mention is that Chelsea broke numerous rules between May 2012 and November 2018, but because charges were only brought in 2023, those before the 2017-18 season were excluded because they were time-barred. Quite why they were time-barred is not clear, because limitation legislation in most countries does not apply in cases of concealment, which Chelsea's likely was.

They broke six separate rules in seasons 2018-19 and 2019-20, including Article 47, which is the incomplete disclosure of player's acquisition costs (plural).

So let's assume generously that there were two instances of this in the years concerned, so that's at least 14 separate charges in those two years. Extrapolate for the five time-barred years to get an estimated 49 instances of Chelsea breaking UEFA's rules. Yet it's all conveniently forgotten about and dealt with.

Now, following the charges made against us by UEFA, the PL awaited the outcome and slapped 115 charges on us. That they stated the number of charges was unnecessary and a deliberate attempt to sully our reputation.

Why hasn't the PL issued any charges against Chelsea yet? They know what the breaches are because Chelsea admitted them. They surely know how many there were too, and as we know, they aren't time-barred. 49 charges for Chelsea. That'll be a hefty fine and a 588 points deduction based on the Everton rumoured punishment.

And what about United? They have breached UEFA FFP and by extension PL FFP. Why haven't they been charged by the PL? I've not even read that they are being investigated.

It's interesting that Chelsea get a relatively free pass with our media regarding their UEFA FFP breaches. They self-reported, accepted their punishment and paid their fine of €10m, and that's the end of the matter.

What our media doesn't mention is that Chelsea broke numerous rules between May 2012 and November 2018, but because charges were only brought in 2023, those before the 2017-18 season were excluded because they were time-barred. Quite why they were time-barred is not clear, because limitation legislation in most countries does not apply in cases of concealment, which Chelsea's likely was.

They broke six separate rules in seasons 2018-19 and 2019-20, including Article 47, which is the incomplete disclosure of player's acquisition costs (plural).

So let's assume generously that there were two instances of this in the years concerned, so that's at least 14 separate charges in those two years. Extrapolate for the five time-barred years to get an estimated 49 instances of Chelsea breaking UEFA's rules. Yet it's all conveniently forgotten about and dealt with.

Now, following the charges made against us by UEFA, the PL awaited the outcome and slapped 115 charges on us. That they stated the number of charges was unnecessary and a deliberate attempt to sully our reputation.

Why hasn't the PL issued any charges against Chelsea yet? They know what the breaches are because Chelsea admitted them. They surely know how many there were too, and as we know, they aren't time-barred. 49 charges for Chelsea. That'll be a hefty fine and a 588 points deduction based on the Everton rumoured punishment.

And what about United? They have breached UEFA FFP and by extension PL FFP. Why haven't they been charged by the PL? I've not even read that they are being investigated.
If (and it's a big if, I know) they are being investigated then it would have only started recently. Ours was pretty hush, hush until the daily mail(?) forced their hand at court claiming it's in the public interest.

One reason amongst many that I haven't bought a paper for (literally) decades.

If (and it's a big if, I know) they are being investigated then it would have only started recently. Ours was pretty hush, hush until the daily mail(?) forced their hand at court claiming it's in the public interest.

One reason amongst many that I haven't bought a paper for (literally) decades.
I have news for you; The Daily Sketch is defunct. The Grauniad is bonkers.

Think the Saudi team should do what someone on here said cancel the contract of Nevas then see the Americans cry or>>
giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.