PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This is an excellent post.
What I would like to be privi to are the thoughts of the candidates for the post that the puppet Masters ended up with.
Didn't the last candidate accually take the job but left after about 1 week.
They were all probably made to sign NDA's
Forgot to say their remit was probably bollocks to everything else, just fuck Man City over.

we may find the non cooperation charges much more subjective.
Does that independent commission have guidelines on appropriate penalties to fit the crime? It would seem in Everton's case that they have been pretty extreme.
Mate, I hope you and many others are 100% correct and we are found to be faultless and the PL collapses in a heap. Maybe thats what the red cartel wanted all along and they can resuscitate the Super League.
They obviously have zero allegiance to the PL yet convinced them to bring charges.
Could be their way to leave the Gov with nothing real to oversee.

My reply is incomplete. The full answer should continue as follows.

When the charges are in proper form, the party alleging misconduct should disclose its supporting evidence. The tactical burden shifts to the other side when the charges have been finalised, and all the evidence has been disclosed. The other side may then respond and, if necessary, call evidence in rebuttal. The burden of proving remains on the party alleging misconduct throughout. The case will only be established if, at the end of the hearing, the evidence shows that the allegations are likely true on the balance of probabilities, i.e. guilt is more likely than not.

The principles I describe above are based on notions of simple fairness. Without rules that modify them, the common law will require their application.

The problem with the current proceedings is that they have, as I understand it, been framed in such a way as to exclude a review by a judge for procedural irregularities and unfairness. The club will have to trust its vastly experienced team of lawyers to see that the proceedings conform to these basics.
This is more my understanding of how this process should work, which begs the question why have the PL charges preceeded the evidentiary disclosure process which is estimated to take between 2-4 years?

None of this bullshit adds up even at the most basic legal level.

Bloody hell lol

My missus just has gone bloody mental over this lol.

She never gets involved with football

I was explaining that City cant appeal the decision. She went mad saying that's bonkers just tell them to shove it their arse and join another league !.
She carried on its clearly a witchhunt they dont want you in the pl but are happy to take your money and fines. It stinks.

Never heard my missus go mad about football, never, always so laid back

This needs government intervention quite rapidly.

The idea that 4 football clubs can sue another because its owner has financed losses is, quite frankly, absolutely fucking insane.

The PL is a circus and the clowns are in charge.
I'm not going into the detail of the City charges but what I'll say with Everton is that their case was far more 'cut and dry' than the City charges as they were warned repeatedly about their FFP obligations by the PL but still went ahead and signed players and incurred losses, assuming they could write it off against Covid. The fact other teams complied with FFP and then got relegated means that they have a far more persuasive argument for compensation and, make no mistake, Everton will be sued successfully for many millions of pounds.

With you guys there are charges that have not yet been proven and that will take time and process. Plus these charges are all retrospective, there was no edict at the time the alleged offences were taking place where the PL said 'hey guys you shouldn't be doing this, please stop'.

With Everton the PL was warning them at the time they were incurring losses that they should not be signing any more players but they went ahead and did it anyway so it was far easier for the PL to find them guilty and issue the penalty.

It’s all bonkers. The PL have the greatest football competition in the world right now and they are in danger of setting its member clubs on each other.

They’re either irresponsible or they are doing it on purpose. Beginning of the end of the PL if you ask me, enabling a new competition ran by the red shirt consortium with huge restrictions on owner investment (once they’ve sorted themselves out of course).

Choose your sides, everyone, this will be bumpy.
Top-flight English football! Oooooooooh! :) It was good whilst it lasted, wasn't it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.