PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I see the hatchets are out, & freshly sharpened regarding the 115. After a lull for a few months, I expect all the regular outlets will be ramping up their “Yes, But City’s 115” argument ad nauseum.
The 10 point deduction for Everton seems incredibly harsh, & it seems to more of a bully boy tactic & setting a precedent for future actions. We all know they’ve been after City for years, this stinks of sending a message, a footballing horses head in the bed.
Maybe it also includes a punishment for Everton not being a signatory on the letter to CAS

Obviously like anyone else I've no idea what the outcome will be but I've been thinking about the three main possibilities and what my reactions would be:

Completely exonerated: Delighted

Nuclear outcome: Relegation to whatever league. After 61 years of match going they won't be getting rid of me that easily so I'll still be going. My cheap over 65 SC might be cheaper still.

Super League: I still think this is a possibility and it's also possible that we would be part of it. This would be the point when my match going & even any interest ended. I would be more than happy for the club to be in what initially would be a Championship Plus whilst whichever clubs fuck off to some marketing construct. Although I was extremely happy we won the CL last season I've never enjoyed it as a competition so my last game was the Spurs SF. I happily do all domestic home games now.

They aren’t competent to determine criminal activity, but they don’t need to be. They simple have to determine, on the balance of probabilities, whether the matters alleged (which amount to fraud) have been proven.

Plenty of cases of civil fraud don’t trouble the criminal authorities and thereby don’t see the light of day in a criminal court.

And just because the civil standard of proof (with different rules of evidence and disclosure) has been met, doesn’t mean the criminal one will be.

Thanks for that. Don't answer this if you are busy, I don't want you to waste your time educating me, but isn't the filing of accounts that don't give a true and view due to fraud/ concealment (which, as far as we know, is a number of the charges) a criminal fraud rather than a civil fraud?

i think the redshirts are worried about an independent regualater incase they take a super league out the equation before they get there grubby little hands dirty

If City are found guilty, on any of the charges, I anticipate there will be many counter-accusations against other clubs. The Premier League have opened a snake pit from which they might easily never escape

Where would these counter-charges come from?

Obviously like anyone else I've no idea what the outcome will be but I've been thinking about the three main possibilities and what my reactions would be:

Completely exonerated: Delighted

Nuclear outcome: Relegation to whatever league. After 61 years of match going they won't be getting rid of me that easily so I'll still be going. My cheap over 65 SC might be cheaper still.

Super League: I still think this is a possibility and it's also possible that we would be part of it. This would be the point when my match going & even any interest ended. I would be more than happy for the club to be in what initially would be a Championship Plus whilst whichever clubs fuck off to some marketing construct. Although I was extremely happy we won the CL last season I've never enjoyed it as a competition so my last game was the Spurs SF. I happily do all domestic home games now.

If they did manage to make some form of relegation stick. That could be an interesting situation, you look at Wrexham with all the extra financial clout they have it’s pushing them quickly up the league albeit behind Stockport County at the moment. Could you imagine the bed wetting if City did four successive promotions and then got back to dominating English football again. The pain and anguish would be nuclear.

I don't believe that's necessarily the case. Taking the image rights issue, this was discussed with UEFA when they became aware of it, who weren't happy with the arrangement but seem to have tacitly agreed that it wasn't actually illegal to do this in the way we did. We'd sold those rights to Fordham, which was a legitimate and recorded transaction.

To prove fraud, they'd have to show that we knowingly did something to deceive or misstate our accounts. Chelsea allegedly paying agents from offshore accounts would be fraud.
I disagree pal. If the charges are made out I’m struggling to see how it’s anything other than fraud. That’s what makes these charges especially ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.