PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I guess the Fa don’t think they will the case on 115 points but will have some joy which may result in 30 odd charges sticking.

Bear in mind some of the charges we are guilty of is breaching uefa FFP which we accepted, paid the fine and reduced squad. Non compliance may well be another so it’s easy to see 30 odd charges sticking which proves we are guilty in the eyes of the red tops even tho it’s not the serious offences everyone thinks
Charging us for failing UEFA FFP should be definitely time barred. IF they were admitted, they were known about and in the open, and therefore not concealed, and consequently not subject to any of the conditions that might prevent limitation.

Probably nothing more than click-bait bullshit, but it got me clicking.

Ex-Everton chief Keith Wyness has claimed Man City have an astonishing team of 30 in-house lawyers as they fight 115 potential breaches of Premier League rules.

The 66-year-old, who served as CEO at Goodison Park between 2004 and 2009 and now runs a football consultancy advising elite clubs, revealed the Toffees didn’t have a dedicated legal representative during his tenure at the club.

Probably need that many to get through the 115 charges

That CAS report is quite interesting if you have the time to read it. Basically accused us of pumping money into City under the guise of the Etihad deal. Some hacked mails were stitched together. Accountants couldn't match money going through ADUG into City to match these alleged payments and no payments were made back to Etihad. Sworn statements from the Etihad CEO and others. I don't see any reason why the PL would go for that one. Yes we were obstructive and Pearce didnt rock up till CAS which is a bit weird. Having said that though I think if financial experts/bank statements/auditors/sworn statements from people convinced the panel that there was nothing shady going on then I'd expect anything Etihad related will get thrown out of the window by the IC.

That CAS report is quite interesting if you have the time to read it. Basically accused us of pumping money into City under the guise of the Etihad deal. Some hacked mails were stitched together. Accountants couldn't match money going through ADUG into City to match these alleged payments and no payments were made back to Etihad. Sworn statements from the Etihad CEO and others. I don't see any reason why the PL would go for that one. Yes we were obstructive and Pearce didnt rock up till CAS which is a bit weird. Having said that though I think if financial experts/bank statements/auditors/sworn statements from people convinced the panel that there was nothing shady going on then I'd expect anything Etihad related will get thrown out of the window by the IC.

The tactic of widen the scope out further looking at Mancini’s contract and image rights for players and over a longer period of time demonstrates that this is an attempt to throw as much shit at the wall in the hope that something sticks. Uefa never went after the two later points, the fact the Premier League is shows that they don’t have anything more than what Uefa had.

Let’s face it, deep down we know this will be a kangaroo court, our fate has already been decided. ‘The balance of probability’ is the equivalent of ‘clear and obvious’ in VAR that allows thinly veiled cheating. If the media leaks are correct nothing will happen this season, my best guess is our punishment will be handed down next season in time for any appeal to be complete by the end of next season. Make no mistake they want us out of the Premier League and have the power to do it.

sorry for the gloomy assessment but I think we have all been kidding ourselves if we think this is similar to the CAS appeal, that was truly independent, this one isn’t.

Flip side to that.. if the evidence was that good, why did they wait 5 years to charge us with something.

And go back to that Pep's response interview.. he blamed it on Levy.. so if you read between the lines.. Levy basically strong armed the PL into charging us..

Also why have we not been convicted already after 5 years of the evidence just sitting?
Not a chance Pep names Levy if Levy wasn't involved somewhere along the line. Hopefully we have something cast-iron on the ****. As Khaldoon said, people talk in this game......

The tactic of widen the scope out further looking at Mancini’s contract and image rights for players and over a longer period of time demonstrates that this is an attempt to throw as much shit at the wall in the hope that something sticks. Uefa never went after the two later points, the fact the Premier League is shows that they don’t have anything more than what Uefa had.
It's also interesting to note that UEFA accepted the CAS decision and effectively drew a line under the matter. Apart from Tebas that is, but that bigoted fucker will always run his mouth off about us. However, Ceferin appears to have a lot of time for us and we're no longer in UEFA's bad books IMO.

It's also interesting to note that UEFA accepted the CAS decision and effectively drew a line under the matter. Apart from Tebas that is, but that bigoted fucker will always run his mouth off about us. However, Ceferin appears to have a lot of time for us and we're no longer in UEFA's bad books IMO.

Ceferin’s work is cut out keeping the likes of Madrid, Juventus and Barcelona from going forming a Super League. Trying to peg City back over the last decade has been a massive waste of energy and resources when their focus should have been elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.