PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Is fine, as long as revenue goes up to cover it, but again the FFP costs will be fixed at +80 for each of the next five years, plus probably another 80 for wages. So revenue would have to go up by 160 to cover it. And not one-off revenue either, recurring revenue to cover each of the next five years' costs, even if they invest nothing more for the next five years.
But wouldn't part of the wage already be accounted for & offset against players leaving too?

The £80m per season over 5 seasons would be the one certainty, & I suppose the overall wage bill will increase with the better players, but they'd have 5 years headroom to make up any differences with additional wages, through additional sponsorship which should be achievable.

It might add a further £20m - £30m per season overall, but cost cutting elsewhere & additional income through higher PL finishes, CL participation plus extra sponsorship should easily bridge any gaps.

The point is it's not sustainable look at Leicester won the league now in championship!

Only way to stay at the top is finish top 6 minimum get better sponsors and keep getting top 6 push for top four! Unless you have a manager like pep and Klopp you need to be lucky!
Newcastle are a bigger club than Leicester, with far wealthier owners who're he'll bent on making a splash in global football.

Unlike City, Newcastle have got a template to follow & can learn from our errors too. It's a lot easier following the path that others made beforehand, than being the pioneer.

Newcastle are a bigger club than Leicester, with far wealthier owners who're he'll bent on making a splash in global football.

Unlike City, Newcastle have got a template to follow & can learn from our errors too. It's a lot easier following the path that others made beforehand, than being the pioneer.

They can learn from us but can they keep there best players? Will those top players want to stay when a team winning trophies come knocking?

Its in their DNA to shift the goalposts as far as City are concerned but our revenue and projected revenue is a comfort zone where we will unlikely fail FFP. What I am saying, and maybe I wasn't clear, is that I will no longer argue against FFP on behalf of other clubs and certainly not argue on the behalf of any of the hateful 8/9. They were happy to get on board writing to UEFA to punish City, and backing the red tops and spuds lobbying the Premier League to bring the charges. So feck 'em, let them paddle their own canoe like we have had to do for 15 years against the tide of a negative agenda followed by every media outlet and journalist with the exception of Martin Samuels.
Yeah im with you. Unambitious owners who found it easier to appease the supporters by voting for ffp and saying, “yeah we cant spend cos of ffp innit” rather than dipping their hands in their pockets

My thought is that the yankee owners will shift the rules about and if they dont get their way the super league will rear its head

Gallagher is a Chelsea academy product, so any sale fee for him is banked as pure profit on the books.

However, he doesn't want to leave, Poch doesn't want to sell him & he's very popular with the squad. This could get very tasty. Popcorn bucket time.

View attachment 103834

Perhaps they could sell him to PSG for £50m and buy him back a couple of years later…. They have previous!

Newcastle got to the CL with mostly mid-top table players. That's a decision individual players would have to make, so it couldn't be blanketly applied I'd imagine.

The point is if better players earned Newcastle a higher league finish (minus a 20 point deduction), the following season they'd have a far stronger squad & would be starting from zero like everyone else.
Not having blanketly as a real word.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.