PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

He is such an arsehole. Even if he was actually right, which he is not, the way he interjects and throws in unprompted dismissals or statements, is total cuntery.

I have no issue with him having an opinion, and taking a stance that he thinks we are guilty. Or with him thinking we may 'get away with it' but that guilt must still be there. But I do find his twisting the CAS case and using Uefa's failed findings as 'proof' of wrongdoing that the PL might be fortunate enough to conclude irritating. Twat.

That's where Stefan was excellent in my opinion - on the cooperation charge. Jordan has often pushed this point about us being guilty because we were fined by CAS. He thinks a lack of cooperation means we're guilty, which is something I'd expect the average football fan to think. But he's been through litigation himself enough times to know this is completely different and Stefan explained the fact that it's a common approach not to share information and to stymie another party and Jordan accepted that ultimately - a big win!

I also note, after listening back that when Jordan corrected Stefan on his use of subjective rather than objective he'd misheard him as Stefan did say objective in the first place. That reveals so much about Jordan's ego and his clear insecurities.

Still not convinced Stefan doesn’t initially say objective, then again, my hearing is shit and I’ve not spoken to many well spoken types in years.
Either way, a really poor ‘power play’ from Jordan which Stefan just brushed off.
He definitely did say “objective”. Jordan got it wrong trying to correct him and made himself look a bigger mug than we already know he is.

A fantastic job by Stefan there explaining the case so that all the so-called experts can stop comparing our case to Everton and Nottingham Forest.

Am also have to give props to Stefan for keeping his composure due to Mr Jordan being annoying talking over him. I definitely would for told him to STFU

I think we would, and should, all join in sending a vote of thanks and congratulations to Stefan for an excellent explanation. Everything he said, he has said before but the arguments are still convincing and his delivery avoids, of course, the temper and frustration which pervades many of our posts. Excellently presented despite the interruptions from Simon Jordan, who really has trouble with questions of disclosure.

Before our hearing at CAS I posted in to ask why so many fans - and so many City fans- seemed to trust UEFA's claims of our "guilt" rather than City's protestations of innocence. Claims of a UEFA "smoking gun" were unfounded and we were right to trust those who own and run our club. CAS reached the same conclusion and what Stefan reminded us of is that CAS drew attention to the gravity and scale of the charges and concluded that it was impossible to believe that so many people of the highest integrity were prepared to lie, deceive and cheat such a large number of reputable professionals over such a long period of time. But this is what the PL are hoping to do. But not in court, simply in an independent commission. This is, as Stefan said "a very big call". Hearing Stefan I felt a surge of renewed confidence and reassurance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.