PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

So why did scruffy Jim the new owner of the worlds most indebted club go to see the Lord mayor of Greater Manchester ?

It transpires he went seeking support for a few billion quid of UK tax payer money to pay for a new 100,000 capacity super swamp. That takes some brass neck from a tax exile who left the UK years ago for permanent residence in Monaco. But the genius idea that none could foresee, it would be called the "Wembley of the North". The absurdity of a club that has done its upmost to stop investors into any other club now has the slight problem of being £1.5b in debt and needing another £3b to re-build the swamp. But wait there's more, the new Wembley would include cinemas, restaurants and 'other' leisure facilities. That should be a really interesting business case, unless I'm mistaken I'm sure there is something similar about half a mile down the road, I think its called the Trafford Centre.
Now that's what I call taking the piss...unbelievable if that happens...Scruffy Jim should be sent packing and told to do up The Theatre of Screams using his own money.

Two points.

The first is that no regulations that UEFA or the PL can introduce can harm City anywhere near as much as other clubs because Sheikh Mansour has delivered fully on his promise of 2008 to enable City to compete at the top end of the world game from its own revenues, without these regulations being clearly discriminatory.

Second point concerns Sir Jim. I cannot believe that he really wishes to turn such an honourable club into a state funded, state controlled monster by pocketing billions of tax payers money! That's not "the United way"! What would the scousers think? Not to mention the gooners! I bet Sunak would just love a Wembley of the north. He just loves us up here.

So why did scruffy Jim the new owner of the worlds most indebted club go to see the Lord mayor of Greater Manchester ?

It transpires he went seeking support for a few billion quid of UK tax payer money to pay for a new 100,000 capacity super swamp. That takes some brass neck from a tax exile who left the UK years ago for permanent residence in Monaco. But the genius idea that none could foresee, it would be called the "Wembley of the North". The absurdity of a club that has done its upmost to stop investors into any other club now has the slight problem of being £1.5b in debt and needing another £3b to re-build the swamp. But wait there's more, the new Wembley would include cinemas, restaurants and 'other' leisure facilities. That should be a really interesting business case, unless I'm mistaken I'm sure there is something similar about half a mile down the road, I think its called the Trafford Centre.
Not forgetting the Lowry outlet, which is like a ghost town every time I’ve walked through it.

It transpires he went seeking support for a few billion quid of UK tax payer money to pay for a new 100,000 capacity super swamp. That takes some brass neck from a tax exile who left the UK years ago for permanent residence in Monaco. But the genius idea that none could foresee, it would be called the "Wembley of the North". The absurdity of a club that has done its upmost to stop investors into any other club now has the slight problem of being £1.5b in debt and needing another £3b to re-build the swamp. But wait there's more, the new Wembley would include cinemas, restaurants and 'other' leisure facilities. That should be a really interesting business case, unless I'm mistaken I'm sure there is something similar about half a mile down the road, I think its called the Stretford Mall
Edited for you at the end

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.