PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

He hasn't yet taken up post, so I'd be surprised if it was him. That said, who else could it be? If executives at other clubs are getting insight into our case then the commission is not as independent as we are led to believe.
Doesn’t stop him making suggestions & secret phone calls with the rag board ???

Speculative scenario.
1. The PL’s brief asked them to clarify certain matters, but was not satisfied with their response.
2. The brief concluded that they have no chance of winning the main charges and advised them not to proceed. (PL leaked this to several”friends”, hence the rumours that @tolmie's hairdoo has heard.)
3. They decided to carry on with some of the lesser charges such as Mancini’s contract.
4. The tribunal will go ahead and they will find against us in minor matters plus “non co-operation”.
5. As the tribunal is secret, they preserve face by telling City they cannot say what happened but can comment on the outcome.
6. An avalanche of boiling piss engulfs football and the haters confirm that we got away with it by having expensive lawyers.
7. Khaldoon lets rip but, being a gentleman, is kinder to the haters than they deserve.
8 This thread acquires another 1,000 pages.
Lets hope this happens. I don't think they will get much mileage out of Mancini's contract. That looked more like a tax efficient arrangement rather than an ffp dodge. The PL have to prove that Mancini did not fulfil the service agreement. I don't know how they would do that. Mancini could easily have fulfilled the service agreement with a few phone calls. The value of the contract was small compared with our losses at the time. Hopefully, nothing to see with Mancini's contract. We may still get nailed for some of the non co-operation charges, but its entirely possible that City were right in resisting any unreasonable requests from the PL. Interestingly I remember reading that the PL were happy with City's responses early in their investigation so they can't say that City did not cooperate through the whole process. Hopefully this shitshow will be put to bed soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.