PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Does football need all this ffp etc ? Why cant it just be about football clubs being run as the owners wish. Why cant it be a free market.

Has ffp improve football ?

How are Wrexham allowed to spend shed loads but Newcastle cant ?
As I understand it, Wrexham can’t just spend what they want as they’re bound by the EFL’s FFP rules which in some ways are arguably stricter than the PL’s regs. They were allowed to spend what they want in the National League as there is no FFP in that league, but once promoted they’re bound by the same FFP rules as all the other EFL clubs.

But did the PL leadership communicate the proposed tariff to the clubs before the season started or was it made up on the hoof by Masters and his cronies? I think there may be a get-out for Everton if the sanctions weren’t agreed by all the clubs.
Yeah but you have to question the sanity of clubs voting for the psr method to be introduced without any kind of breach matrix to accompany it. That kind of leaves it open to whatever masters or in actual fact rags and dippers want rather than predefined unambiguous guidelines. Whilst I used to have loads of sympathy for Everton fans sharing a city with that lot, its kind of waned drastically with all the shite since Lescott and subsequently the incessant victim hood behaviour of "its not fair what about 115 " They voted for the fucking amendments, broke the amendments despite not knowing what any punishment would be and pleaded fucking guilty so if they fuck off the the championship with 2 sets of points deductions then sobeit. At least we wont have to witness antifootball Dyche for a season or 5.

Does seem strange that we still haven't heard the outcome of Everton's appeal. It's dragging on far too long.
If there is any truth in the recent rumors that the charges against us are crumbling around the PL's feet, they are going to find it very hard sticking with Evertons punishment as their credibility will be at an all time low.

Thanks for the tariff info.

Seems like, given the large amounts that can change hands at the last minute with transfers, the financial margins are creating penalties that are simply too large.

10 points is an enormous impediment, dooming half the teams in the League to relegation. And, while I’m not against points being a final penalty, it seems like it’s a draconian result. Perhaps a transfer embargo until in compliance for one reporting period, followed by a 3 pt penalty for each subsequent exceedance, etc…

I think the thing that has outraged fans is that they get deeply harmed by the actions of the mgmt of their club, and this 10 point penalty FEELS like it came out of left field to most people.

Again, I appreciate your fact-based contributions on Bluemoon.
The points penalty was based on the commission's view that (a) the excess spending brought Everton an unfair advantage and (b) a financial penalty wasn't appropriate for a club with a wealthy owner. At first I thought a smaller points deduction was the appropriate penalty but I've changed my mind, thinking about it.

In 2022 and 2023, Everton would have been relegated with a 10-point deduction. Yet in 2021 they finished 10th, with 59 points and they were 12th the season before. Therefore you'd have to question what advantage this additional spending brought them? Clearly none, plus you'd have to look at teams like united and Chelsea, who have spent fortunes and can't get out of their group or even get into the CL/EL.

Point b was nonsensical, as I'm sure the majority of clubs have wealthy owners. The punishment should fit the crime.

The points penalty was based on the commission's view that (a) the excess spending brought Everton an unfair advantage and (b) a financial penalty wasn't appropriate for a club with a wealthy owner. At first I thought a smaller points deduction was the appropriate penalty but I've changed my mind, thinking about it.

In 2022 and 2023, Everton would have been relegated with a 10-point deduction. Yet in 2021 they finished 10th, with 59 points and they were 12th the season before. Therefore you'd have to question what advantage this additional spending brought them? Clearly none, plus you'd have to look at teams like united and Chelsea, who have spent fortunes and can't get out of their group or even get into the CL/EL.

Point b was nonsensical, as I'm sure the majority of clubs have wealthy owners. The punishment should fit the crime.
The Everton and Forest cases have been great for us because they've woken people up to the reality of FFP and the motivations behind it.

Doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence concerning the competence of the “Independent” Commision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.