PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We can guess with some confidence that it's the red tops behind the charges, they formed the league and are still in charge. The premier league is merely a name that they hide behind, they consider it their property.
Hopefully the government regulator can see through their bullshit and dismantle the cartel.

Fair point Ric - but the PL have had 4 extra years to investigate as well as seeing the CAS case play out.
True, but I don’t think it’s a given that they only pursued this because they truly believed in the veracity of their case. It seems a bit more complex than that.

You have to factor in the pressure they were under from certain clubs and the media, as well as the looming threat of an independent regulator etc.

The fact that they seemingly rushed the announcement of the charges and had to subsequently correct themselves suggests that it wasn’t the result of a carefully drawn out, considered process.

That said, I don’t think anyone can say with any real certainty just how this will all play out at this stage.

The way the 115 were shoddily cobbled together and rushed out just as the govt was looking at independent regulation suggests the PL were panicking, in a rush to get something out, and didn't take the time to get the advice you suggest.
I agree. Complete amateur hour at the PL. Masters has also embarrassed himself multiple times.

But the accusations are so serious they must have known what they were getting into - no matter how rushed it was getting it announced.

Hopefully it’s a sign of their whole case.

Not sure what I’m getting dragged into this in a negative way. I’m sure we will be found not guilty of the most serious charges.

I was only answering an earlier post of what will happen if it goes against us - which is a nightmare scenario.

I agree. Complete amateur hour at the PL. Masters has also embarrassed himself multiple times.

But the accusations are so serious they must have known what they were getting into - no matter how rushed it was getting it announced.

Hopefully it’s a sign of their whole case.

Not sure what I’m getting dragged into this in a negative way. I’m sure we will be found not guilty of the most serious charges.

I was only answering an earlier post of what will happen if it goes against us - which is a nightmare scenario.
I don't think they did know. I think they live in a bubble of media, spin and corruption. I know we will not be found guilty of the most serious charges - a provincial towns solicitors offices legal secretary would have made a better job of putting them together and those accused would already be in prison or at least handcuffs for fraud on that scale.
Before masters was appointed the previous two or three appointees with unquestionable credentials mysteriously walked away from the job. Probably because they quickly saw how partisan, amateur and corrupt the pl was.

True, but I don’t think it’s a given that they only pursued this because they truly believed in the veracity of their case. It seems a bit more complex than that.

You have to factor in the pressure they were under from certain clubs and the media, as well as the looming threat of an independent regulator etc.

The fact that they seemingly rushed the announcement of the charges and had to subsequently correct themselves suggests that it wasn’t the result of a carefully drawn out, considered process.

That said, I don’t think anyone can say with any real certainty just how this will all play out at this stage.
Completely agree. I just find it hard to believe they would pursue the charges purely to appease the pressure from the usual suspects no matter how rushed it was. They can’t win whatever the result of the hearing. But if it goes in favour of the PL it will be carnage.

They have had 4 years to get a case together - if it’s the same as what was heard at CAS surely they would not have bothered proceeding.

But who knows, maybe it was the pressure. Hopefully it was.

And the end of City as we know it. Would take a generation to recover on the pitch - - probably never off it.

The whole of English football would spend the next 5 years in court.

Probably why the charges won’t stick - but the PL knew all this before charging us and will know what the worst case scenarios are.

I wouldnt look into stadium development costs being a sign of City’s confidence either - there is far more at stake than the cost of the new stand.
Oh dear, the cost of stadium development is not a sign of City's confidence, why not?

And had a duty to report to HMRC and the police
I still believe that the EPL piggybacked on Uefa 2 year ban & had they been successful at CAS, the EPL would have followed suit & we wouldn't be where we are now.

Once that didn't happen the EPL hoped that it would die a death. The red cartel didn't want that & who knows what pressure their puppet in Masters has been subjected to especially after the failed big picture & secret meetings for ESL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.