PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You seem like a bright bloke, I'm sure you can work it out.
I want you to name them, because as soon as you do, the idea that the entire league is built and organised around benefitting them crumbles.

It's touching to see the faith on here that an independent regulator is going to make a fundamental change to how the PL is run.
It's complete madness. The same posters will be in the politics thread later compliaining bitterly about the BBC or OFCOM but they're in here begging for a football version.

The difference is that the PL is a group of 20, not a group of 72 spread across 4 divisions and the Premier League has shown itself to be incredibly successful under it's own governance.

They've been putting self interest over wider issues for 30 years and it's made them the most successful football league in the world.

You want to pretend that the Premier League is incapable of running itself because, but what evidence is there for that? Is it not more successful than any other sports league? Is it not growing quicker? Is it not the most competitive of the big football leagues? Where is it failing?

Just because it's successful, doesn't mean it isn't working more for some than others. It also doesn't mean that changing something will stop it being successful, or that it couldn't have been even more successful if things had been done differently.

I don't really have a point here, so I'll stop now. :)

The issue with the PL making the rules is that they are clearly not impartial under the baleful influence of the redshirts. The ‘associated‘ rule and the group rules were clearly aimed at us.

Remind me, is that the redshirts that have won 1 of the last 10 Premier League titles between them?

They're the ones controlling everything are they? The club in 7th?

And the associated rule that you're certain is aimed at us, was that brought in 6 months after our takeover to cripple our progress? Or was it brought in 15 years later when we'd already won 7 league titles, but 6 months after Newcastle's takeover?

I want you to name them, because as soon as you do, the idea that the entire league is built and organised around benefitting them crumbles.

It's complete madness. The same posters will be in the politics thread later compliaining bitterly about the BBC or OFCOM but they're in here begging for a football version.
Will they, can you provide evidence of this? Show me.

The issue with the PL making the rules is that they are clearly not impartial under the baleful influence of the redshirts. The ‘associated‘ rule and the group rules were clearly aimed at us.
The rules must be justifiable as genuine efforts at fair competition and as protection for clubs against rogue chairmen. That is the problem with UEFA ffp, the G14 simply refused to accept any regulation of debt and that has skewed them ever since.
Against that, I take your point on current regulators: look at OFWAT and their failure on sewage spillages, for example.
That's a good point - I'm working on the cosy assumption that an independent regulator would function effectively. The ones you mention seem to have encouraged price fixing rather than competition and been toothless to address failings so perhaps not the utopian solution we'd hope for. After these trumped up charges against us and the desperate way the pl have tried to shackle our spending I'm thinking any alternative may be at least slightly less bent

Remind me, is that the redshirts that have won 1 of the last 10 Premier League titles between them?

They're the ones controlling everything are they? The club in 7th?

And the associated rule that you're certain is aimed at us, was that brought in 6 months after our takeover to cripple our progress? Or was it brought in 15 years later when we'd already won 7 league titles, but 6 months after Newcastle's takeover?

You are assuming that the rules have been manipulated to make them champions. City & the Geordies were sold in the region of £200m & Chelsea £2b. The protection was to stop the worst houses on the best street being sold to billionaires for peanuts allowing more to invest on players & reducing the value of clubs like the Rags who couldn’t compete.

Last edited:
Seems to me that the only reasonable punishment is a transfer ban, minimum 1 year and continuing until the club show that they meet the rules, whatever they are that week.

Financial penalties do nothing other than make the problem worse, and points deductions penalise the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.