PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Is this a bit like being caught allegedly shoplifting one bag of Maltesers and being separately charged for each individual sweet contained in the bag?
It’s more like picking up a bag of Maltesers and before you get to the checkout being arrested and separately charged for each individual sweet contained in the bag.

My utd supporting work colleague says it is :

1 - Like getting sponsorships worth billions and buying illegal players weith the profits
2 - Buying too many expenisve players
3 - Using sport to wash laundered money out of the country.
4 - Etihad, something to do with Etihad!
5 - Paying Haaland so much money he cant go to Real MAdrid.

40yrs old and comes out with that sort of shite.
40 years old but the brain of a small child !

It’s more like picking up a bag of Maltesers and before you get to the checkout being arrested and separately charged for each individual sweet contained in the bag.
More like being heard saying you might steel a bag of Maltesers. Then being arrested and separately charged for each individual sweet in the bag.

I don't think so. The PL statement listed 5 separate headings, multiplied by years and rules.

The rules are fairly generic so I can't see a scenario where the IC say we've breached rule E39 in 2015/16 but not rule E40. Or that we've breached E39 in 2015/16 but not in 2016/17.

The motivation could well have been to make it look much worse than it really is though.
That last part is spot on. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are using the Everton & Forest case to scare city into a compromise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.