PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If we have done nothing wrong there's nothing to worry about. The club will prove it and the egg on face it will leave on the FPL, Uefa, and rival teams will be worth it in the end . As far as rival fans and some sections of the media go, they will need to still stick to the narrative to save face but will look foolish. Let's just hope the club start the fight back immediately.

I think we are the only PL club that have to comply with release of so much documentation.
Others the PL could say may also be guilty but as yet they have not been investigated.

In other words proving our point that rules are there only for City to comply with whereas others can, do and always will get away with it.
Then I do hope City will have and use examples from other clubs and this comes out in public at some point.

Hanging onto this bit of hope. Lying to your playing staff about this just doesn't sound like the kind of thing they'd do, based on how they've run the business for a decade or more.

On the other hand, if they've come out this confident and are found guilty, think it has to be the end of the line for a lot of senior figures at the club. If it comes out they lied to the players, said players will surely want out. They've put it all on the line.

IF they had lied on their accounts as is apparently alleged, they would also lie to the players about that fact. I'm not saying I think they did that, just that them reassuring the players there's nothing to worry about doesn't make it any more likely that there is indeed nothing to worry about.

I read in one article, that if our titles were taken from us they would be awarded to Liverpool and the rags, as they were the teams that finished second in those seasons. To me, that says it all. The established order have never wanted City at the top table and have done everything they can to try to stop us.

How does the Premier league allow itself to get in to a situation where it is actioning charges going back over a decade? Why didn't it enforce its own rules at the time? If there was wrong doing why was that not identified and acted on, rather than allowing this to rumble on for so long? Unless they willingly let it play out in order to eventually stick us with a much larger charge?

The timing of this announcement, just as the season is getting to a crunch, also stinks. Its going to be a huge shadow cast over the club and unsettle Pep and the players. To top it all off the PL have got an Arsenal fan leading the 'independent commission'...

If we're found guilty we'll have to take whatever punishment the judge, jury and executioner throws at us. If that's severe and sets us back years there's not a lot we can do about it. The old guard will be back at the top of the tree and the cartel will live to fight another day, until the next upstart has the temerity to get ideas above their station. Chelsea? They have American money now, so that's ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.