PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I know it was mentioned by a poster back in February on another thread, but Shalke are deep in the shit and facing going out of business (there is an article on the BBC sport now. Whatever the German FFP rules are, it hasn't stopped them getting to this situation and their ownership model clearly isn't working for this club and it's reported that the fanbase is split about new investment.
They have an amazing fanbase and probably wouldn't want to admit how closely comparable we are but our new rules being proposed wouldn't save them either. Some clubs, it would appear, are just badly run - who would have thought it.
Let's face it, the "ownership model" only really works for one club - and I think the fact that Audi, Adidas and Allianz are part owners and put X amount of money in - as well as sponsoring themselves - helps!!!

These things are rarely straightforward. If the matters were proven it may well be that other authorities would involve themselves because in City's words at CAS: "The allegations made by the CFCB in these proceedings are serious and based on fraud and conspiracy involving MCFC, ADUG and the sponsors Etisalat and Etihad." Therefore, if proven, City would clearly have an issue.

It really isn't a debate that this is what the allegations amount to given that City said this themselves. For CAS' part they said:

"UEFA’s theory would also mean that not only MCFC lied to The FA and UEFA, but also that accountancy firms such as BDO, Deloitte, Ernst & Young and AlixPartners that all examined accounts of one or more entities involved were all misled."

So again, if proven, very serious. Not hyperbolic and not my words.

It doesn't really confirm anything that no other authorities (that we know of) have taken action. They can wait and see.
Thank you for putting me straight.

I haven't a clue tbh but he'd be well in his 80's I'd imagine. We only went because one of our friends was the daughter of another Tory councillor and because we could get pissed up on a Friday aged 16 in slightly more salubrious surroundings than Withington Rec.
Found this, there’s another article on the net that confirms his last address was Palmerston Road which is where my Aunty lived so it had to be him, born 1950, died 2016, 66 which I think is about right, he would have been 27 when he was my tutor in 1977.

I've explained many times. Not all fraud is criminal. Not all allegations of fraud involve the SFO or HMRC - in this case City will have paid more tax (or reduced its deferred tax losses) so HMRC is probably a red herring anyway.

But there is not even a debate to be had about the nature of the allegations - in City's words at CAS: "The allegations made by the CFCB in these proceedings are serious and based on fraud and conspiracy involving MCFC, ADUG and the sponsors Etisalat and Etihad."

For CAS' part they said: "UEFA’s theory would also mean that not only MCFC lied to The FA and UEFA, but also that accountancy firms such as BDO, Deloitte, Ernst & Young and AlixPartners that all examined accounts of one or more entities involved were all misled."

So again, if proven, very serious. Not hyperbolic and not my words.
Sorry, but in my opinion you're perpetuating the hyperbole being spread by the Red Top Mafia & Spuds, & their client media by not highlighting the several inarguable fundamentals that will kill these breaches dead.

Finally we're getting to the crux of these matters. UEFA all but accused us of industrial scale fraud, so why've they never used the word in relation to City?

It was circa 2014 that a Manchester City Executive mentioned the word "fraud" in that interview. Evidently City were trying to draw UEFA's fire imo, but UEFA didn't bite.

Now explain to me why neither UEFA nor the Premier League have ever responded to that "fraud" comment or used the word "fraud" in relation to City since 2014 to my knowledge?

Also, you claimed the PL said City were facing "115 charges". Can you provide a link to where they said this, as I was unable to find it before or since our exchange.

I haven't a clue tbh but he'd be well in his 80's I'd imagine. We only went because one of our friends was the daughter of another Tory councillor and because we could get pissed up on a Friday aged 16 in slightly more salubrious surroundings than Withington Rec.
Found this as well, definitely him!

Attachments

• IMG_6661.png
    IMG_6661.png
    719.7 KB · Views: 64
Sorry, but in my opinion you're perpetuating the hyperbole being spread by the Red Top Mafia & Spuds, & their client media by not highlighting the several inarguable fundamentals that will kill these breaches dead.

Finally we're getting to the crux of these matters. UEFA all but accused us of industrial scale fraud, so why've they never used the word in relation to City?

It was circa 2014 that a Manchester City Executive mentioned the word "fraud" in that interview. Evidently City were trying to draw UEFA's fire imo, but UEFA didn't bite.

Now explain to me why neither UEFA nor the Premier League have ever responded to that "fraud" comment or used the word "fraud" in relation to City since 2014 to my knowledge?

Also, you claimed the PL said City were facing "115 charges". Can you provide a link to where they said this, as I was unable to find it before or since our exchange.
Ffs can you 2 take it to dm please

Wow dick head simon jordan finally admitting ffp was a drawbidge to stop anyone challenging the elite. Even going to stage saying why bring in caps to epl wen it is in its prime. Even saying restrictions shud be off yo allow other teams to invest in there teams. Only thing he sees shud happen is more distribution down the lower leagues. Well fuck me side ways

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.