PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I like to hear what stefan says because it's fact based and informative.
You are quoting the Daily Mail. And why does he have to explain to everyone? Wtf is this bollocks.
It's an important point being that the authorities were made aware of the Der Spiegel claims as far back as November 2018.

My unanswered question to him is why haven't the authorities descended on the Etihad to impound our documents & devices?

This is an alleged multi-million pound fraud, carried out over 15 years. Angela Rayner was interviewed by the police over claims she may have underpaid £1500 in capital gains tax 10 years ago.

Something evidently doesn't add up, & in spite of his hyperbole, he can't explain why.

That's a strange take from a City fan? It will also bring Arsenal and Liverpool closer to us if we need to make cut backs, is that good news?

Providing it’s a level playing field, then even if it hinders City, then fair fucks. It seems a ridiculous way to try and grow the league.
But if it’s the same rule for all, then there’s not much to moan at.

lol it really is pathetic isnt it, HMRC would never ever name or single out the club like those headlines say, but hey 4 games to go and the race is neck and neck, the next pile of shit on the eve of the FA Cup Final i think

Not really. Each case is different. In any event, just because those raids occurred doesn't mean much in this context.
I know you're probably bored to the back teeth of the same repetitive questions so I shall apologise in advance.
To me, a normal fan looking from the outside in, we're being accused of false figures in sponsorship deals and monies in general about the club, correct?

To me that is fraud is it not? What I'm failing to join together is that if the Premier League are accusing us of it and they seem cocksure we are fiddling about figures, why aren't the relevant authorities acting on it?

And I've just realised your username is projectriver. I've always read it as projectdriver.

My bad. :)

It's an important point being that the authorities were made aware of the Der Spiegel claims as far back as November 2018.

My unanswered question to him is why haven't the authorities descended on the Etihad to impound our documents & devices?

This is an alleged multi-million pound fraud, carried out over 15 years. Angela Rayner was interviewed by the police over claims she may have underpaid £1500 in capital gains tax 10 years ago.

Something evidently doesn't add up, & in spite of his hyperbole, he can't explain why.
If the accusation is where the sponsor got their money and the sponsor being based in UAE, would HMRC get involved?
If the accusation is the sponsor paid too much, would we actually be due a rebate?

Im not going to judge the rules until I understand them more but the point above about bonuses is quite interesting, lets assume for a minute that we are on for the treble next season and it comes down to the CL final, if we win it then the whole playing squad gets a bonus that suddenly puts us outside of the permitted spend. Given the players are all on contracts written before these rules came into affect, where the hell does this go.
Do we get to a situation where players get told to throw a CL final just to ensure the club comply to a set of rules like this?
Surely we just use the bonus money to buy a hotel and split it between them. That's allowed isn't it ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.