PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

No it's not. Their whole point is that City ommitted information.

@projectriver is suggesting this means they must have ommitted info from the official accounts which means misleading HMRC and the auditors and essentially fraud, my point is that they can have ommitted information the PL requires that goes beyond legally required disclosures (ie compensation to an employee from a related party).
Are you suggesting that all they have is the hacked emails, FFS??

Can he refuse to speak to the media or is it prem league rules ?
We know for a fact they are going to ask daft ignorant stupid questions.
Lazy journalism by the media ,this is a witch hunt that is vulgar,ignorant & disgraceful .
The sarcastic comments by expros commenting they are champions when finishing runners up is grating to .
They have no respect for the owners, the name of MCFC & the fans of the club.
We are the ones who will face the barrage by nasty jealous bastards in society.
Our club & owners should be applauded for the good things it has done in the Greater Manchester community .
Shame on the lot of you in the public media eye for pointing your finger at my beloved club, guilty of running a football club the right way ,instead of being in debt like the most of prem clubs.
Jealous Bastards the lot of you !

One thing I’ve noticed in reading about half of this thread is that far too many people for my liking seem to assume we have probably done something wrong and try to parse out what that’ll mean…to the point of almost reveling in returning to our humble roots in the lower divisions where life was so much fun (for a few years!).

It’s a tad nauseating to see supposed City fans, most of whom have wallowed in the magnificent football and the silverware it has brought, now acting like it was all just a long con and that the time to pay the Piper has arrived!

Some appear seduced by social media and clickbait headlines. “Where there’s so much smoke, there’s got to be some fire, right?”

Well, no. No, there does NOT need to be any fire.

Sure, the PL have trotted out multiple instances of a few charges, but that doesn’t mean they are right or wrong, only that they warrant investigation, discussion, and disposition. City will have the chance to answer to these charges, many of which are technical infractions and may be subject to myriad interpretations, because they have yet to be dissected or even decided in a case before.

City’s owners are serious people who do serious work. One assumes they know the rules of the PL and UEFA. They fought UEFA on their own ever-changing rules, many of which were literally designed to entrap them, and were successful in appealing the initially flawed adjudication by the same body that brought the case!

We will face much the same process with the PL. Charges are being brought by non-arms length actors of related parties who have repeatedly called for City to be penalized and prosecuted, even though they clearly have never seen the evidence or know the details.

In their zeal for a positive result for them, they have chosen an adjudicator who is openly aligned with one of the named antagonists in trying to punish City. Indeed, a number of the people who are primary decision makers in this process are aligned against the sporting and business interests of our club.

While this has been alluded to when lazy accusations have arisen in the past, we are far beyond the point of accusation and into the realm of indictment and charges of malfeasance. That is a different animal from idle media chatter and will, in turn, elicit an animal of an entirely different stripe when it comes to the ferocity of City’s defence.

As the club has made clear, they knew this day was coming and they’re ready to face the charges with the collective weight of CFG’s not inconsiderable might. Indeed, one might be surprised at how far they’re willing to go to not only shut this backwards looking case down, but to reshape the future.

In accordance with the “fixture” only just being announced, it would be premature of anyone to suggest the bent ref will give them a few goals and us a few red cards, let alone call the result and award the PL the “trophy.”

Rather, we should give our lads the chance to put their good warm up to use on the field of play and watch the game play out.

Sure, the away fan allocation of 90% of the tickets will all be against our lads, but that’s no reason for our fans to give in, say we are going to lose, and just hope it’s not a heavy defeat, is it?!

No, now is the time to get behind the team, and the owners, KNOWING they need our support more than ever, and repay the favor of being given the best football, the most successful football, and the best run organization any City fan has ever seen.

Are we going to get some stick from the 90% of the crowd that is against us? Of course!! They all belong to other tribes! Has that EVER been a reason NOT to stand up and be counted? NO. NEVER!

Remember Gillingham? Behind.
Remember QPR? Behind.
Remember Brighton? Behind.
Remember Villa? Behind.

Remember who won THAT silverware?

We are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I stand WITH my club, our ownership, our manager and our players.

The Future is Blue!
Deserves two likes.

Straightforward cases take years to get to a High Court hearing. We have to go through several processes before we even need to start anything in the High Court, and each process needs to look at, potentially, a decades worth of leaks; filing cabinets full of documents; reams of legal arguments.
If there is no compromise, I'd strap yourself in for a good 7 - 10 years. And the good news is that, if we lose there, we'll almost certainly be going to the Supreme Court for an appeal.
City can afford all that. Pretty expensive for the Premier League though. It'll cost many a million before we're done.
Better get used to it!
One thing I certain of is the Prem can afford it, all the suits will have AIG/Standard Charter on their backs... but what is a fair & proper price?

Scandals, Investigations… We’ve Been Here Before!​

‘The punishment was the largest ever inflicted, wiping out an entire team, its directors and one of the most charismatic managers of the period.’

‘The League met and representatives of each club voted in favour of the punishment meted out to us being enforced. And while their representatives were passing this pious resolution most of them had other representatives busy trying to persuade the “villains whose punishment had been so well deserved” to sign for them under conditions very much better in most cases than the ones we had been ruled by at Hyde Road.’

These quotes are connected with investigations into City over 100 years ago when the FA considered the Blues to be a ‘nouveau riche’ club despite incredible support etc. Back then certain clubs who were regarded as the aristocracy of football (that included Aston Villa and Everton back then) were somewhat dissatisfied that Manchester City had come from foundation as MCFC in 1894 to FA Cup winners and League runners up within a decade. Lots of investigations followed with some determined to kill off this challenger. This all sound familiar? Well 118 years ago the largest punishment ever inflicted, wiping out an entire team, its directors and one of the most charismatic managers of the period was imposed on the club.

I‘ve covered the story often of how clubs like Villa tried to kill City off about 118 years ago but today seems an appropriate day to remind ourselves that we survived and fans made sure MCFC continued to be our club and a major power. For those who want the full story I‘ve included it best in Manchester The City Years and Manchester A Football History. You can also read a 4,500 word article written on it on my website if you’re a subscriber. This is an academic piece, focusing on the facts and was written for an academic publication, not something club specific. The article considers the investigation, the ban and its long terms impact on Manchester football, where Manchester City’s first golden era came to an end but Manchester United’s first golden era followed. People often tell aspects of the story and I know some negative forces have already started to bring this up now, so I’ve posted this academic piece to ensure the facts not the fiction are available. It’s been in an academic publication and been peer reviewed and so rivals cannot say it’s MCFC biased.

No it's not. Their whole point is that City ommitted information.

@projectriver is suggesting this means they must have ommitted info from the official accounts which means misleading HMRC and the auditors and essentially fraud, my point is that they can have ommitted information the PL requires that goes beyond legally required disclosures (ie compensation to an employee from a related party).

And you are most probably right. I think they have used an unfortunate terminology in "true and fair" which has pointed to the annual accounts, whereas it really should be additional information not in the accounts. I can't imagine for one minute the annual accounts don't give a true and fair view of the company's affairs given the materiality levels involved.

I don't do twitter, facebook or anything like that. Bluemoon, email, text, phone, matchday live and occasional WhatsApp is more than enough for me. That might take the exhaustion down a notch or 2.
Never done facebook, twitter I don't have an account for(the temptation to reply to some of the nonsense would be too great) but it's a good source to keep up to date with all that is City. I quite like some of the youtube content providers too. I don't feel like changing all my habits just for those fuckers. It's going to be hard to avoid getting wind of some of the shit that's getting said about our club, no matter what we do anyway IMO.

I am going to make more effort not to bark at the wind too much, like I said. As I understand the phrase, that means reacting/expending far too much energy on things that either don't exist, are far from imminent and/or are out of our control(thus anything done now is effort wasted for our part).

It might be far fetched but it has occurred to me, the PL and the committee handling this might keep their word on this being behind closed door until the verdict comes. The press at least kept pretty quiet while it was being investigated, we didn't hear a peep that I recall. So that's something... ish.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.