PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Absolutely, and I haven't been given the list of names, either.

Others may want to claim or piggyback.

I haven't asserted we have been cleared, only the legals being sent are said to be from a position of strength, which would suggest we have a high degree of confidence.
Yeah, but all that said is it not about time for a new “It’s Quiet” thread? ;-)

Last edited:
Absolutely, and I haven't been given the list of names, either.

Others may want to claim or piggyback.

I haven't asserted we have been cleared, only the legals being sent are said to be from a position of strength, which would suggest we have a high degree of confidence.

Tolmie - appreciate you posting in good faith. In your opinion or to the best of your knowledge - do you think something has changed or developed which has increased our position of strength or do you mean the same position of strength as in confidence we had from the outset ala Khaldoon's initial comments.

I'm trying to work out if the 'position of strength' is purely just posturing or if something suggests the situation has materially changed in our favour.

Ok, you go celebrating us being cleared, not much need for the thread. I'll point out we haven't been. Till we hopefully are.
Read the room. There's 1000s of folk on here that have had one of the most precious things in their lives being questioned as cheaters for over a decade.
Truly horrific comments levelled at the club and, by proxy, us fans (actually even directly at the fans).
We now have the 1st chink of light that could bring the situation to a positive resolution.
The light we see at the end of the tunnel could be our exoneration... it could also be a proverbial train coming straight at us (figuratively), we don't know right now.
The general nuance is positive and folk will cling to that.
You may be a realist with ice in your veins not getting too upbeat about things, but please don't preach to the rest on how to process this information.
You do you, and we'll do us, until such point as further information comes to light.
Let's all try to be cautiously positive, shall we?

I understand the rules and take your point but a penalty given for a foul committed after the forward has completed his play cannot be right in logic. Perhaps in those situations an indirect free kick would be appropriate. Minus you VAR would probably cock that up too
Never heard of off the ball?

Read the room. There's 1000s of folk on here that have had one of the most precious things in their lives being questioned as cheaters for over a decade.
Truly horrific comments levelled at the club and, by proxy, us fans (actually even directly at the fans).
We now have the 1st chink of light that could bring the situation to a positive resolution.
The light we see at the end of the tunnel could be our exoneration... it could also be a proverbial train coming straight at us (figuratively), we don't know right now.
The general nuance is positive and folk will cling to that.
You may be a realist with ice in your veins not getting too upbeat about things, but please don't preach to the rest on how to process this information.
You do you, and we'll do us, until such point as further information comes to light.
Let's all try to be cautiously positive, shall we?

Fair. 'This proves we have been cleared,' is not 'cautiously' positive though. People overreacting to me pointing that out and the pile-on thereafter is not 'you do you' either.

I maybe got defensive in the volume of responses, but it is all good. I've said and clarified what I had to for anyone willing to read beyond their own take. It has been exhausted, and is hardly worth it.

No journalist, TV pundit, or Youtuber is going to show their cease and desist letter from City in public. It would be career suicide. They will have all taken legal advice, and will have been told not to comment. So for anyone waiting for proof the letters have gone out that way, forget it.
Evans did though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.