PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Agreed. The club have tested the legitimacy of the PL requests for info and their rules via the courts in order to ascertain what we should and should not provide. Like UEFA, the PL were hanging their hats on the illegally acquired emails. City quite rightly, probably following legal advice, wanted to be crystal clear what information should and should not be in scope.. That does not mean we have not cooperated. I remember when the PL were in the early stages of their investigation they noted that they were pleased with how things were going and with City's level of cooperation. That position clearly changed when the PL were seeking information that City's lawyers probably felt they were not entitled to receive. I am pretty sure City will have learned from the poor handling of the investigation by UEFA. Once bitten, twice shy. If the independent commission finds against City regarding the allegations relating to non cooperation they will have to see evidence that proves City's actions were unreasonable based on the facts. Plus, they will need to be satisfied the PLs requests for info were reasonable too. It is certainly not a given that City have been uncooperative. We can only speculate at this point in time.
I got the impression that the PL were constantly asking for info in a haphazard way, causing major problems for the club. I think they were doing that to try and catch us out and City just got tired of it but it also adds significant workload and legal costs every time there’s a request. We know how unprofessional the PL are as we saw the inaccuracies in the original press releases which would never have happened in a proper organisation, it really was amateur and no doubt so were their info requests.

Agreed. The club have tested the legitimacy of the PL requests for info and their rules via the courts in order to ascertain what we should and should not provide. Like UEFA, the PL were hanging their hats on the illegally acquired emails. City quite rightly, probably following legal advice, wanted to be crystal clear what information should and should not be in scope.. That does not mean we have not cooperated. I remember when the PL were in the early stages of their investigation they noted that they were pleased with how things were going and with City's level of cooperation. That position clearly changed when the PL were seeking information that City's lawyers probably felt they were not entitled to receive. I am pretty sure City will have learned from the poor handling of the investigation by UEFA. Once bitten, twice shy. If the independent commission finds against City regarding the allegations relating to non cooperation they will have to see evidence that proves City's actions were unreasonable based on the facts. Plus, they will need to be satisfied the PLs requests for info were reasonable too. It is certainly not a given that City have been uncooperative. We can only speculate at this point in time.

I think there is no doubt the club hasn't co-operated as much as it could. The question is if the club has co-operated as much as they had to.

I doubt very much the club held back information the PL was entitled to, after the court rulings.

But, even at CAS, the club was criticised for not providing UEFA with the evidence it presented at CAS, iirc saying that witholding information from the investigation that proves innocence for a later appeal makes a mockery of the investigative powers of UEFA. That was the basis of the CAS fine, I think. It will be interesting to see if the club appeals a fine for non-cooperation in this case and what the merits of each side would be, as this is still the PL process, unlike UEFA/CAS.

Other clubs are going to have a vested interest in our downfall because it benefits them.

But to say that means the PL is actively collaborating with those 9 clubs to ensure our downfall is tin foil hat territory.
I am no conspiracy theorist. I dont believe all other teams are out to get us. There are no brown envielopes, no ref bungs or PGMOL conspiracy. And there isnt 9 teams trying to bring us down in a concerted effort.

But I do know how things work when finacial interests align and the biases that form around that. Are you aware of that in this case and how that plays against City? How it is in the intrests of so many parties that City are not the dominant team for a generation?

But thsaats not enough to assume we are being targetted on its own. So we look at the charges themselves and how hastily they have been produced and the way they have been produced (I'll assume you know all of that so I woont bang on about that). But then the impact of being found guilty - Our owners go to jail for defrauding HMRC.. (I assume you know all that too). Thats just not going to happen, so why have they over-stretched themselves on a charge that cannot be followed through? Why have they brought up charges that have already been answered to UEFA and CAS and answered? I mean thats going to be embarrasing to the PL case.

We have legal experts on here who agree it is confusing as to why the PL have gone this far for something they cant win (Unless there is some hidden thing we dont know about)

Then our owners and their replies to the charges. How this is not true (Obvs we would say that but), Pep himself said he has seen the evidence that we are innocent and he will be staying. Our owners saying we are not being held accountable for otheeer teams failures.. There's so many things that all point towards a targetting of City

It is far from tin foiil territory and that accusation from you makes me assume you dont really know the case inside out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.