PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

A small part of my brain is thinking that maybe the cartel did us a favour by bringing in the rules to stop us. They forced us to act quickly, to spend quickly. Had we invested more slowly, maybe our rivals would have found their feet and stopped us on the pitch?

Any which way, today was a good day.
pep would been long gone few trophies and job done
but he get's it now and digging heels in

I am not worried at all by these charges or where it will head. The main problem for the league is they're completely out of their depth legally because none of these charges are criminal accusations. They're accusations based upon rules that the Premier League has just made up.

I expect a settlement to be offered because if not the end result will be that the rules are put to the test in a real court where they're not fighting against a football club, they're fighting against a country... The end result is inevitable because the difference in scale is mental, david versus goliath is an understatement.

The charges are basically an accusation of cheating and so imagine if city are somehow found guilty, that means that the UAE government are associated and known as cheats. The gulf states do not mess about with this kind of thing and they'll spend billions and billions to fight such an accusation without a second thought.

They could even threaten to pull billions of investment out of the UK in protest. They will not invest in an environment where they're called cheats for the simple crime of investing their own money.

Never like this line of thinking as it’s backing up those that think we are de facto state owned and it shouldn’t be allowed.

i wonder if the Qatar government when outlaying billions for Bein Sports thought that they need some big hitters to front it.

So they chose to employ 2 sexist disgraced dinosaurs to host - and then get an a brainless simpleton like Macateer to talk about complex legal and financial matters relating to the 115 charges.

Genius

Last edited:
Never like this line of thinking as it’s backing up those that think we are de facto state owned and it shouldn’t be allowed.
We aren't state owned, we're privately owned by somebody who just so happens to be part of the royal family of a state. In fact none of that is true anymore and we're owned mostly by the Sheikh however also by US and Chinese private equity.

Either way though of course the Sheikh and the UAE isn't going to allow that investment to reflect badly upon the UAE. They have invested in city in good faith and they're not going to accept being called cheats for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.