PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Something else everyone should be considering is that the confidence coming from Man City could also be a ploy to help with player recruitment. Not saying that's the case but at some point players are going to ask if they'll be in league 2 in 2025.
not an issue, not stopped us signing players and if there were any chance of that happening its just a clause in the contract

Something else everyone should be considering is that the confidence coming from Man City could also be a ploy to help with player recruitment. Not saying that's the case but at some point players are going to ask if they'll be in league 2 in 2025.

Plenty of clubs could be in league 2 in a few years. That's why relegation clauses exist. Good try though.

Not doubting Tolmie but someone high up at City being confident of a City victory is no surprise. I would be worried if they weren’t.

Now if the other side had admitted they had nothing and were looking for an out that might be different… though I would have thought that would have been done by now.

If we thought there was a chance we were bang to rights there would be no player recruitment
Not a question of it being bang to rights, as I think all the charges from the PL (and UEFA before them), along with the FFP rules themselves are a complete fraud. More a question of ultimately being rail roaded by the PL. We've already seen a story recently of the heirarchy assuring Pep we'd be cleared so why is it so crazy to think the same isn't going on with players?

This has been going on years now. I’m sure big Erl would have wanted cast iron assurances from our top brass before he signed
To some extent yes, but since he signed we have a more definitive timeline (this next season) as to when any punishment would be announced. I'd be surprised if players or at least their agents weren't asking about it. But to your point I'm pleasantly surprised it hasn't been an issue already in more recent transfer windows.

To some extent yes, but since he signed we have a more definitive timeline (this next season) as to when any punishment would be announced. I'd be surprised if players or at least their agents weren't asking about it. But to your point I'm pleasantly surprised it hasn't been an issue already in more recent transfer windows.

Who says we’re being punished?

Not a question of it being bang to rights, as I think all the charges from the PL (and UEFA before them), along with the FFP rules themselves are a complete fraud. More a question of ultimately being rail roaded by the PL. We've already seen a story recently of the heirarchy assuring Pep we'd be cleared so why is it so crazy to think the same isn't going on with players?
200w (8).gif

I’ve tried to keep this as simple as possible: as a financial analyst who puts great stock in the veracity of financial statements, as long as we’ve committed no accounting fraud I don’t care what what we’re “guilty” of. If we’re cleared it will change positively nothing among the nattering nabobs who’ll merely claim global politics, corruption, technicalities, etc. Not a single public person nor entity who’s disparaged the club will reverse course — not a single one. There will and can be no “vindication” in their eyes regardless of facts, period, end of. As such, I will feel no additional pleasure at the outcome if it’s positive for us, since it doesn’t change anything regarding how I feel about our side, nor will it change others who believe in asterisks, taint, etc. They may talk less (doubtful) but they’ll never be convinced.
In my opinion their convinced , however because of their ignorance of our case they've put themselves in such a big hole, they have no way of talking themselves out of it.
A lot of these people are not just tribal football fans, some claim to be journalists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.