PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I watched AFTV this evening to catch up on the transfer rumours and I was disappointed to see AFTV banging on about the charges as that hasn't been part of the agenda of AFTV all season. That being said there were City fans on here having a dig at the Thomas Partey accusations and in both cases it's innocent until proven guilty. You can't give it out to him and then complain that other fans give it to City. Not until the proper legal process has been allowed to take course.

Re the City charges, 115 is misleading as the reality is it will boil down to a few more serious charges and a bunch of other much more trivial misdemeanours. Bear in mind the traditional top 4 sides had decades to get their shit together and spend a fortune on building their clubs so if, big IF, City are guilty, it will be of doing something to develop the club in a way that the other big sides have historically been allowed to do but now times have changed and newly-monied clubs are unable to, and City bending the rules and concealing the true nature of events leading up to City being able to invest in the club.

From what I'm reading and hearing it is likely some sort of deal gets done in the background, City get a 20 point deduction and a big fine - will mean they won't win the league that season but still qualify for CL. The hysteria that City get relegated to the National League or whatever is overkill - not in a million years will that happen and it's in the club's interests to wrap things up quickly and I'm sure the lawyers will be advising them that as for sure with 115 charges to go through some of them will stick, even though there's an element of subjectivity to them all.

Note also, contrary to some of the posts in this thread, City were NOT cleared by UEFA. They were found guilty however there is a statute of limitations that applies when going to the European CAS meaning evidence older than a specified period of time cannot be used and therefore the charges were not allowed to stick. PL rules are different and evidence can be used from any period of time which is why I think the PL will get some of them to stick. But none of the charges are as serious as the ones Juventus faced for basically match-fixing and their penalty was relegation to the next division down. So there's nothing in my mind that makes me think City won't be able to do a deal behind the scenes with a one-off points deduction and a fine.

As a Gooner I'm genuinely not bitter at all - we've historically had the opportunity to spend whatever we wanted - we chose not to (despite at the time having a corrupt Putin stooge in the form of Alisher Usmanov as a major shareholder who wanted to splash his blood money around). Other clubs like Chelsea and the Rags did get their wallets out though and now they don't like it when someone else wants to spend their money on their club. Football has always been. That way in the PL era - heck even Blackburn bought a league title. Since then more clubs have come in with the readies to compete and build the infrastructure to take the club to the next level, set up sustainable infrastructure for the future, sustain higher revenue channel opportunities and so on.

Chelsea spent dirty Russian money on building that club. Money with blood on it.

And as for the Dippers being up in arms - let's just reflect on the fact that their club is responsible for the murder of 39 Juventus fans, responsible for English teams being banned from Europe, responsible for attacks on opponents team coaches. If there ever was any justice then that club would be permanently banned from Europe and would have been relegated by the FA for giving English football a bad name in the 80s. So I'd advise them to shut the fuck up.
And... there it is, the mask has slipped.

You did well to keep up appearances for so long.

For the record, City were found innocent by CAS. If you are found guilty of something, and a higher court decides that was the wrong verdict, you are cleared, you don't stay guilty. And anyone that tries to pretend otherwise is a bitter twat. Through that little twist, your agenda is pretty fucking clear.

You will no doubt stick about like an obsessive weirdo, but you are not fooling that many any more.

Our charges and our guilt are becoming folklore throughout the world and the club do not seem to be fighting back in anyway to prevent the damaging tide.
I get the club wanting to just wait for the hearing to take place and work like dogs behind the scenes defending the charges but in the meantime the reputational damage to the club is collosal. I really do fear that whatever the legal outcome we're already irreparably holed beneath the water line in the eyes of so many.
If it's any consolation, the bold part just isn't true in my experience. I travel widely and hardly ever see or hear it mentioned, other than from other English people (and even then it's only from fans of the same 3 teams). Don't let the fuckers get you down.

I've just seen reference to the Klopp farewell evening at the Liverpool arena where the host, John Bishop I think, makes reference to the titles we won by 1 point from Liverpool, and how there could be a bus parade with Klopp on the top deck with the trophy if we're found guilty. All roared on by 11,000 fans. No one the counter
argue there then !.
There’s no point in “counter-arguing” stupidity, that’s a never-ending job.

I watched AFTV this evening to catch up on the transfer rumours and I was disappointed to see AFTV banging on about the charges as that hasn't been part of the agenda of AFTV all season. That being said there were City fans on here having a dig at the Thomas Partey accusations and in both cases it's innocent until proven guilty. You can't give it out to him and then complain that other fans give it to City. Not until the proper legal process has been allowed to take course.

Re the City charges, 115 is misleading as the reality is it will boil down to a few more serious charges and a bunch of other much more trivial misdemeanours. Bear in mind the traditional top 4 sides had decades to get their shit together and spend a fortune on building their clubs so if, big IF, City are guilty, it will be of doing something to develop the club in a way that the other big sides have historically been allowed to do but now times have changed and newly-monied clubs are unable to, and City bending the rules and concealing the true nature of events leading up to City being able to invest in the club.

From what I'm reading and hearing it is likely some sort of deal gets done in the background, City get a 20 point deduction and a big fine - will mean they won't win the league that season but still qualify for CL. The hysteria that City get relegated to the National League or whatever is overkill - not in a million years will that happen and it's in the club's interests to wrap things up quickly and I'm sure the lawyers will be advising them that as for sure with 115 charges to go through some of them will stick, even though there's an element of subjectivity to them all.

Note also, contrary to some of the posts in this thread, City were NOT cleared by UEFA. They were found guilty however there is a statute of limitations that applies when going to the European CAS meaning evidence older than a specified period of time cannot be used and therefore the charges were not allowed to stick. PL rules are different and evidence can be used from any period of time which is why I think the PL will get some of them to stick. But none of the charges are as serious as the ones Juventus faced for basically match-fixing and their penalty was relegation to the next division down. So there's nothing in my mind that makes me think City won't be able to do a deal behind the scenes with a one-off points deduction and a fine.

As a Gooner I'm genuinely not bitter at all - we've historically had the opportunity to spend whatever we wanted - we chose not to (despite at the time having a corrupt Putin stooge in the form of Alisher Usmanov as a major shareholder who wanted to splash his blood money around). Other clubs like Chelsea and the Rags did get their wallets out though and now they don't like it when someone else wants to spend their money on their club. Football has always been. That way in the PL era - heck even Blackburn bought a league title. Since then more clubs have come in with the readies to compete and build the infrastructure to take the club to the next level, set up sustainable infrastructure for the future, sustain higher revenue channel opportunities and so on.

Chelsea spent dirty Russian money on building that club. Money with blood on it.

And as for the Dippers being up in arms - let's just reflect on the fact that their club is responsible for the murder of 39 Juventus fans, responsible for English teams being banned from Europe, responsible for attacks on opponents team coaches. If there ever was any justice then that club would be permanently banned from Europe and would have been relegated by the FA for giving English football a bad name in the 80s. So I'd advise them to shut the fuck up.
That reads like you are trying your best to appease our fan base whilst also letting your biased city are guilty views permeate through. A stature of limitation does not mean guilty, it doesn’t even imply guilty. As for what you are reading and hearing I am calling that unfounded nonsense. I am reading and hearing that the Premier League are desperately trying to do a deal with City to dig themselves out of the hole they have created by raising these “charges” with a face saving solution and City are not having a bar of it.

Last edited:
...because our media department (in terms of fighting back and setting the agenda) isn't fit for purpose.

It's been said on here before that some in the media department are fine with what the fanzines writers come out with.

I know through someone who used to work at the legal department that our media team are quite chummy with the journalists that write shit about us.

After the CAS verdict the club should have taken a hardline with anyone casting doubt on it.

The cheats and sportswashing jibes have stuck because our media department is nowhere to be seen.

Is it really up to a media department though, to do this? Not sure it is, or how far their remit goes.

I suppose the club Could occasionally reiterate a simple statement that would then have to be reported by other media outlets. But really, it is pointless, as it would just lead to more and more prejudiced 'takes', and would imo become a distraction more than it might help.

Remember when mere minutes after Pep himself came out swinging, factual and resolute, Melissa Ruddy who was put down for saying something stupid, was then standing on tv with her own version of it, putting 'innocent' in air quotes when describing the cas verdict etc. So, pointless engaging.

The problem is cultural with the media and broadcasting (not just with this btw), and is rooted much much deper, than any attemp at a PR war might reach.

Kin fucking hell just seen klopp said he will do a bus parade if our titles are taken of us. Some knobhead at arsenal sounding off as well.

Why can't the club just tell these fuckers to shut the fuck up. All klopp and others are doing is stirring more hatred towards the club and fans.

The club is insulated from other fans hatred but we aren't. We get it day in day. I've said before someone is going to get hurt.

Something needs to be done to stop this shit stirring hatred towards us fans. I can't even go for a pint or shop in tesco without some comments being said.

It's getting to the point were for the first time in 63 I'm getting worried about wearing my support, be that a hat, jacket, shirt etc.

It's getting fucking ridiculous that klopp and Co can peddle this hatred.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.