PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I know it’s de rigeur to say the word “soccer” as a denigration of American Soccer, but you do know it was the original nickname of the sport in England first, right?

It’s a truncated form of Association Football from when Rugby Football was the name of that sport. Once Rugby Football became simply Rugby, Association Football became just Football…but it had been called soccer until then.
I hope the 0.01% of football fans who didn't know that, will overlook your patronising tone and just be grateful for the new information.

For the last century or so, it's been de rigeur over here to regard anyone who uses the word 'soccer' as a complete arsehole. Right?

Absolute insanity is beginning at the PL

Imagine you own a gardening business. You can only charge your customers whatever you’re allowed to by an ‘independent panel’ - a panel that happens to be made up of all the other gardening businesses that you’re competing with to make a living

Madness
It used to be the case that competing businesses objected to planning or licensing and were successful. So an off licence would object to another shop applying for a license, saying there was no need for it. Often, they would win and block a competitor. Bonkers.

I hope the 0.01% of football fans who didn't know that, will overlook your patronising tone and just be grateful for the new information.

For the last century or so, it's been de rigeur over here to regard anyone who uses the word 'soccer' as a complete arsehole. Right?
No, there was a mag right up to the 70s called, iirc, Soccer Monthly.

Has he told you that Pickles found the World cup yet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.