PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Richard Masters body language reminds me of that part in total recall when the guys asking him to take the pill to bring him out and back into reality, quaid then pops it into his mouth only to see the sweat runing down his face,we know the rest
The lip licking lying ****.

Do people lick their lips when they are lying?

Nonverbal signs of lying include: — Less finger pointing — Lean or postural shift — Lip licking, lip tightening — Drinking and swallowing more frequently — Smiling more frequently, insincere smiles and laughing inappropriately.

Hopefully this will cheer you all up!

I have done some analysis of the PSR case based on the information provided by Rui Pinto and Der Speigel, here:

Der Spiegel released the above information two months after City were charged, with the aim of driving the nail in the coffin, but their evidence really sucks and their analysis of it is just naive.

Firstly from reading the PDFs of the documents they share to download (RM.pdf, ADUG,pdf and FFP.pdf), I am pretty certain City haven't actually done anything wrong and should be cleared of all charges.

Allegation 1 is complicated to understand, but the evidence doesn't match what they are claiming at all and it just doesn't add up. A more logical explanation is the one I put forward. I might be wrong about this, but it makes sense to me, you might need to be an accountant to follow the argument though.

The other points I make should be a lot easier to follow.

I've done a worst case PSR calculation (Allegation 4), by going through City's accounts and adding it all up, and concluded that the sums would be:

2013-2016: -£108,113,000
2014-2017: -£75,263,000
2015-2018: -£66,157,000

The limit is -£105,000,000

In other words a minor breach of PSR in the first period of £3million (c.f. Everton £19m & Forest £30m).

Remember, this is if we have done everything they have accused us of and our combined sponsorship deals are re-valued at the Thomas Cook rate (£2m) that we had way back before the Eithad deal. Valuing the deals at say £3.1m or higher means City don't break PSR at all.

How could the Premier League have got this so wrong? Well, we know they rushed it all through, and I don't think they considered that City can adjust their earnings (AEBT) by the depreciation on the building of the Etihad Campus. This completely destroys their case.

Summary: Overview of the Allegations

Allegation 1 Analysis : Inflated Sponsorship

Allegation 2 Analysis : Mancini and Toure

Allegation 3 Analysis : FFP - The Own Goal

Allegation 4 Analysis : It simply doesn't add up

I've also got a video that I have put together showing how the Premier League have altered their statement on 06 feb 2023 multple times since and a few other points about this. I need time to finish them off. I will rpeort back when they are live!
Has @slbsn seen this? Any views Stefan?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.