PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Having stuff be ‘time barred’ could be a let off for the PL.

Even if we had evidence they and the media could still blur the lines and say they got off on technicalities.
A good point and one that we could make our own case against Masters and his mates.
This whole affair must be having a negative effect on us as a business model. Advertising and sponsorship deals are very much a part of the game because the EPL is a big draw to TV audiences. For example, how many here had ever heard of Etihad before we became big audience grabbers? Nowadays everyone has heard of Etihad and knows it is a luxury airline.
But as long as our name is being dragged through the mud, then companies who otherwise would want to link themselves to City may reluctantly hold back for fear of losing respect by linking themselves to our club. By not backing us as they once might have done then we would possibly be denied access to millions, tens of millions or hundreds of millions of pounds.
I have no idea if this has happened but if it has then there HAS to be a counter claim for losses which arose following the 115 charges, should innocence be proven.
Sauce for the goose......

Has Stefan (projectriver) left the forum? I follow him and he's disappeared from my list of members, I follow? He also doesn't appear in the members list when I try and search for his posts?
Strange, I hope all is well, he's one of the forum's best posters!

I’ve seen Ornstein try and provide balance a few times. He could go further but always says City claim they have irrefutable evidence.

I think it’s becoming clear to most of the media even Goldbridge was saying all City fans are calm about it.
I'm not ,
Still wondering what the clowns on the independent commission will believe

Do you have any figures for the total investment you referenced? Mansour's £1bn into the UK over 16 years is utterly insignificant to the economy at large.

Do you have any figures to support your assertion that sport and leisure is one of the economy's fastest growing sectors? Today's GDP data from the ONS shows Arts, Entertainment and Recreation to have grown by 0.02% in the last three months, making it one of the slowest growing sectors.

I will have to take your word on senior politicians, given it was 'well sourced'

We obviously only know what we read. I just think it’s likely we don’t walk away from it with no form of punishment.

Since we have been charged have built a new stand, opened the biggest indoor arena in Europe, won the treble, then become the first team to ever win four league title's in a row. and on August 4th UAE invested £25 Billion in UK infrastructure.

Richard Masters has given an Interview and Talksport have reported on our odds for relegation!

Last edited:
Should City win then PL legal costs will fall to members to cover. Who knows who will contribute and by how much? Surely City will not be expected to contribute? What then? Can of worms not thought through.

If we Win we should pay for screens at the only two teams in the Premier League who cant afford them.

I think it speaks Volumes that City have not said a word on it since the original statement, when we were first charged!

In comparison Masters and the Premier League cant stop speaking about us (he is also the first ever Premier League Chairman to not present the trophy to the Champions)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.