PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Absolutely; this was as simple a case that the panel are likely to ever see. The Premier League attempting to apply its rules to a totally different jurisdiction.

This has to be one of the PL's most inept and stupid decisions, and christ knows they have made so many in their attempts to appease the redshirt cartel.

Firing Masters has to be the first and easiest of the jobs for an Independent Regulator.

This has to be one of the PL's most inept and stupid decisions, and christ knows they have made so many in their attempts to appease the redshirt cartel.

Firing Masters has to be the first and easiest of the jobs for an Independent Regulator.
The panel must have deliberated for a whole 5 minutes. Max.
“Were the club subject to Premier League rules at the time of the alleged charges?”
“No.”
“Case dismissed.”

The rights and wrongs of the arguments here aren't something I have considered, so won't pass any comment on them.

That statement from the Premier League is very bad, though. They have had a decision they don't agree with - that happens. But unless it's really really flawed (and I don't think it is), they should not be making comments suggesting that the Appeal Board is, essentially, not up to scratch. Poor.

They are obviously well advised and spending huge sums on lawyers in these disputes, but they don't seem to have the right approach at all. The whole regulatory framework of the PL needs reworking, to my mind. The PL have really messed things up to be in dispute with so many clubs, but equally I'm not sure anyone could actually administer these rules well.

Delooney on SSN - 'escape on a technicality' Times Martin Hardy - 'PL world title fight coming up against Man City' most important signings now are lawyers.....
‘Escape’ is an injudicious choice of word from the sinfully brain-dead ****. Another fucking fraud who is commenting on things he doesn’t understand.

‘Escape’ is an injudicious choice of word from the sinfully brain-dead ****. Another fucking fraud who is commenting on things he doesn’t understand.
Hahaha my god yes. The technicality of....not actually being subject to the rules.

I work in tax. Happy to say I escape paying U.S. federal tax on the technicality of not being a U.S. resident.

They are obviously well advised and spending huge sums on lawyers in these disputes, but they don't seem to have the right approach at all. The whole regulatory framework of the PL needs reworking, to my mind. The PL have really messed things up to be in dispute with so many clubs, but equally I'm not sure anyone could actually administer these rules well.
They are either very poorly advised, or well advised upon which they choose to ignore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.