PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Doesn’t work like that mate.

Correct, imho. It seems to me the PL have all the evidence they need from the der Spiegel leaks to start an investigation and to refer the allegation if they don't think the club has countered effectively.

But now they have to prove that allegation in front of an independent panel and, even before they can do that, they have to prove that the club deliberately concealed information, committed fraud or covered up a mistake. It's always been my view, given the wording of the rules in place at the time, the counter-evidence that the club will most likely provide and the difficulty in proving that any action towards the PL was deliberate (given that the club's position is presumably that they acted completely honestly and in good faith), that it is very probable that the Mancini issue will be time limited.

As our legal people on here always tell us,though, nothing is ever guaranteed in these things.

Really ?

Not sure that the PL/rag alliance is as overt as that.

Seems that rags and dippers may possibly enjoy a more favourable relationship than lesser clubs :)
What I mean is all the PL clubs voted for covid losses to be allowed and if a club claims losses due to covid the amount of loss had to be evidenced to be accepted.

Not sure I follow the logic, to be honest. Should City take comfort from the appeal board getting it right, or panic from the original panel getting it so wrong.

That said I expect our panel to be much better quality, more akin to the appeal board and our legals are more than capable of keeping the panel on the straight and narrow. Also, I am pretty sure the Leicester fiasco was embarrassing for Rosen, as well as the PL, and he will absolutely be making sure the best qualified people are on it and that they come to the right decision. The last thing he, or they, want(s) is another balls up in a higher (the PL have made it the highest) profile case.

Not sure I follow the logic, to be honest. Should City take comfort from the appeal board getting it right, or panic from the original panel getting it so wrong.

That said I expect our panel to be much better quality, more akin to the appeal board and our legals are more than capable of keeping the panel on the straight and narrow. Also, I am pretty sure the Leicester fiasco was embarrassing for Rosen, as well as the PL, and he will absolutely be making sure the best qualified people are on it and that they come to the right decision. The last thing he, or they, want(s) is another balls up in a higher (the PL have made it the highest) profile case.
Both, if they couldn't draft their most recent rules since PSR became such a huge part of the leagues governance, under the microscope 24/7, how can they expect not to have a train driven through their FFP rules from 10-15 years ago when they were making it up as they went along?

Especially when their task is to prove a massive fraud conspiracy against some of the biggest companies in the world, as well as leading members of the Abu Dhabi/UAE monarchy, who have invested billions in to the UK economy in said time frame.

They haven't admitted the offshore payments that is a separate matter. They've admitted another accounting error but what that is no-one knows.
I recall reading a while ago that Stefan seemed to think that whatever they’ve admitted to is similar to some of the things that we’re alleged to have done so they could be in deep shit even before the offshore payments are considered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.