PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The Premier League never for a second thought these rules would be challenged. The top four was the top four, the red cartel held the monopoly, as far as the PL was concerned anybody buying a football club years ago was some local fan who had made their money and wanted to buy their boyhood club, everyone was happy.

Blackburn came and went quietly and didn't really do any damage, albeit the Premier League, or Premiership as it was known back then, was still in its infancy.

These powderpuff rules lay unchallenged for years, nobody, not even the red cartel, knew what they stood for nor did they have anybody in their ranks with enough knowledge to say hang on a minute, what exactly do these rules mean, they didn't need to be looked at as nobody posed a threat to anybody.

No rules got updated for decades. There was no FFP. Clubs could spend what they wanted. Nobody challenged the PL handbook.

Then we came along. All of a sudden FFP was brought in. The red cartel started getting twitchy. Rules got adjusted and distorted to keep teams in red happy. It started a long chain of events that has led us to today, every trick in the book has been used to keep us at arms length but we've had enough.

It makes the mind boggle that the Premier League are at war with teams in their own league, just saying it to myself sounds ridiculous but this is the red cartel acting through the fraud and the puppet that is Masters.

The Premier League never for a second thought these rules would be challenged. The top four was the top four, the red cartel held the monopoly, as far as the PL was concerned anybody buying a football club years ago was some local fan who had made their money and wanted to buy their boyhood club, everyone was happy.

Blackburn came and went quietly and didn't really do any damage, albeit the Premier League, or Premiership as it was known back then, was still in its infancy.

These powderpuff rules lay unchallenged for years, nobody, not even the red cartel, knew what they stood for nor did they have anybody in their ranks with enough knowledge to say hang on a minute, what exactly do these rules mean, they didn't need to be looked at as nobody posed a threat to anybody.

No rules got updated for decades. There was no FFP. Clubs could spend what they wanted. Nobody challenged the PL handbook.

Then we came along. All of a sudden FFP was brought in. The red cartel started getting twitchy. Rules got adjusted and distorted to keep teams in red happy. It started a long chain of events that has led us to today, every trick in the book has been used to keep us at arms length but we've had enough.

It makes the mind boggle that the Premier League are at war with teams in their own league, just saying it to myself sounds ridiculous but this is the red cartel acting through the fraud and the puppet that is Masters.
I agree with all you have said but its the last paragraph tht always puts seeds of doubt in my mind.

Would the premier league be so stupid to do this or are we indeed guilty?
Would the premier league hold a gun to its own head/brand just to curtail us? Or have we actually been cheating.
Would they level this against there best club without utter proof? On a whim?

I know the answer is a huge YES , but it still frazzles my tiny brain

If you want me best, in any walk of life, I guess you have to pay accordingly.
That’s how it works in commercial law. There’s such large sums at stake, although Pannick isn’t an out and out commercial silk. His main area of practice is public law. But he’s got a brilliant legal mind so would excel in any field. Not sure if he’s a brilliant advocate, but he doesn’t necessarily need to be. I’d say it’s his ability as a lawyer that people are paying for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.