PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

There are reports he was being paid nearly £8k an hour on previous jobs for people with deep pockets. I wouldn't be surprised with City agreeing a slightly higher hourly rate in order to further incentivise him. Explains why we had a fairly quiet summer when you're paying De Bruyne level wages to a third party!
I could be wrong, and I’m (lamentably) no expert but £5k an hour seemed high. Newspapers don’t only exaggerate transfer fees!

I assume the PL believe that Leicester acted in bad faith by changing their accounting period, but the independent panel were only interested in what the rules say. Hopefully, our panel will take same view.

Yes. They can believe/allege what they want. The tricky bit is proving it is more likely than not. Same with our case.

Edit: I just looked at the reasons btw, there seems to have been no issue with the change of date:

1000000736.png

So there was nothing to prove, apparently.

Edit 2: And this from the original decision:

1000000739.png

Strange that they didn't tie the change of year end into a deliberate act to avoid the PL's jurisdiction in a bad faith charge.

After all, that seems to be what they have done with City, with no actual rules broken unless the club has acted in bad faith? At least for the most serious allegations. Just wittering on. Ignore me :)

Last edited:
The Premier League never for a second thought these rules would be challenged. The top four was the top four, the red cartel held the monopoly, as far as the PL was concerned anybody buying a football club years ago was some local fan who had made their money and wanted to buy their boyhood club, everyone was happy.

Blackburn came and went quietly and didn't really do any damage, albeit the Premier League, or Premiership as it was known back then, was still in its infancy.

These powderpuff rules lay unchallenged for years, nobody, not even the red cartel, knew what they stood for nor did they have anybody in their ranks with enough knowledge to say hang on a minute, what exactly do these rules mean, they didn't need to be looked at as nobody posed a threat to anybody.

No rules got updated for decades. There was no FFP. Clubs could spend what they wanted. Nobody challenged the PL handbook.

Then we came along. All of a sudden FFP was brought in. The red cartel started getting twitchy. Rules got adjusted and distorted to keep teams in red happy. It started a long chain of events that has led us to today, every trick in the book has been used to keep us at arms length but we've had enough.

It makes the mind boggle that the Premier League are at war with teams in their own league, just saying it to myself sounds ridiculous but this is the red cartel acting through the fraud and the puppet that is Masters.
"What a tangled web we weave,
When first we start to deceive."
I think this old Manchester proverb tells you exactly where the Premier League are now and like the fly caught in a spiders web are battling for their very existence as we know it today.

There's only ever been five chief execs at the PL:-

Rick Parry (dipper)
Peter Leaver
Richard Scudamore
Susan Dineage
Richard Masters

I had no memory of Leaver so looked him up on wiki, I couldn't help noting the irony of his bio...

He was educated at Aldenham School and Trinity College Dublin. He was a deputy High Court judge from 1994 to 2017, and was Chairman of the London Court of International Arbitration from 2008 to 2012.

Apparently he was hounded out by the red cartel because he had some decent qualities, like integrity, professionalism and honesty and refused to be their puppet.

Last edited:
"What a tangled web we weave,
When first we start to deceive."
I think this old Manchester proverb tells you exactly where the Premier League are now and like the fly caught in a spiders web are battling for their very existence as we know it today.
Exactly this. The Premier League are having their strings pulled by the American owned clubs. Unless they get their way I see a breakaway European League which will be the start of Football being similar to Wrestling, Boxing and Darts with different competitions and governing bodies. Liverpool v Manchester City (as an example) might end up being in an annual unifying one off game.

The Premier League never for a second thought these rules would be challenged. The top four was the top four, the red cartel held the monopoly, as far as the PL was concerned anybody buying a football club years ago was some local fan who had made their money and wanted to buy their boyhood club, everyone was happy.

Blackburn came and went quietly and didn't really do any damage, albeit the Premier League, or Premiership as it was known back then, was still in its infancy.

These powderpuff rules lay unchallenged for years, nobody, not even the red cartel, knew what they stood for nor did they have anybody in their ranks with enough knowledge to say hang on a minute, what exactly do these rules mean, they didn't need to be looked at as nobody posed a threat to anybody.

No rules got updated for decades. There was no FFP. Clubs could spend what they wanted. Nobody challenged the PL handbook.

Then we came along. All of a sudden FFP was brought in. The red cartel started getting twitchy. Rules got adjusted and distorted to keep teams in red happy. It started a long chain of events that has led us to today, every trick in the book has been used to keep us at arms length but we've had enough.

It makes the mind boggle that the Premier League are at war with teams in their own league, just saying it to myself sounds ridiculous but this is the red cartel acting through the fraud and the puppet that is Masters.
bang on the money...but lets not forget UEFA had a hand in this..probably again cartel influenced with the addition of the spanish clubs and Bayern twisting their tit.

Exactly this. The Premier League are having their strings pulled by the American owned clubs. Unless they get their way I see a breakaway European League which will be the start of Football being similar to Wrestling, Boxing and Darts with different competitions and governing bodies. Liverpool v Manchester City (as an example) might end up being in an annual unifying one off game.
Exactly! The history of sporting schisms shows that before the final breakaway the preceeding years were full of interminable commercial disputes. It will take some highly competent people to resolve this shit show. With a cretin like Masters in such an important role there's no hope.
I would suggest once he's gone the CEO role should be a two year period only and contract renewal subject to member clubs (all 20) and IR approval.

If you were offered an 11% increase at another company, for similar work, would you turn it down?

And you're wring; we only get 1k per hour on here. Plus hospitality tickets for any finals City get to.
Next pay deal , go for a higher pay per hour . Fuck the hospitality off and join a supporters club to ensure you get tickets . hope when you buy them it’s not dynamic pricing .

I agree with all you have said but its the last paragraph tht always puts seeds of doubt in my mind.

Would the premier league be so stupid to do this or are we indeed guilty?
Would the premier league hold a gun to its own head/brand just to curtail us? Or have we actually been cheating.
Would they level this against there best club without utter proof? On a whim?

I know the answer is a huge YES , but it still frazzles my tiny brain

Does my head as well lol. But than I remember it's been done by American clubs and we know the American way of thinking. If you don't agree with America than they go to war against you. It's their way or no way.
So I can see Americans doing this in business as well. Americans don't like the way City are run so regardless of the law, American clubs will go to war against you.

Don't forget this is a country that puts the right to have a gun as the fore front of their politics. Plus a complete knobhead Trump in charge.

The Americans will destroy OUR football unless more clubs and fans wake up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.