PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Can someone enlighten me on this point please. If we have irrefutable evidence (and I am confident we do), why did we just not present that during the investigation? Yes it may be commercially sensitive material, and the premier league were probably overreaching their jurisdiction, but the immense damage this has done the club and we could end up paying millions for some non-cooperation bull shit charge. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Last edited:
Can someone enlighten me on this point please. If we have irrefutable evidence (and I am confident we do), why did we just not present that during the investigation? Yes it may be commercially sensitive material, and the premier league were probably overreaching their jurisdiction, but the immense damage this has done the club and at we could end up paying millions for some non-cooperation bull shit charge.
how do you know we didnt, how do you know we didnt give them exactly what they asked for and it still wasnt enough, this has been a witch hunt from day one specifically designed to smear the club because they couldnt beat us on the pitch, it wouldnt have mattered what we gave them it would never have been enough.

how do you know we didnt, how do you know we didnt give them exactly what they asked for and it still wasnt enough, this has been a witch hunt from day one specifically designed to smear the club because they couldnt beat us on the pitch, it wouldnt have mattered what we gave them it would never have been enough.

I don’t and they’re fair comments. Ive just read on here multiple times (by several posters) that we would never provide them with commercially sensitive material.

Can someone enlighten me on this point please. If we have irrefutable evidence (and I am confident we do), why did we just not present that during the investigation? Yes it may be commercially sensitive material, and the premier league were probably overreaching their jurisdiction, but the immense damage this has done the club and at we could end up paying millions for some non-cooperation bull shit charge.
Principle and precedent. You never, ever voluntarily give an investigation more information than they are entitled to.

You give them some, they ask for more, you give them that, they want more still. In essence, you help them fishing for information. And the next time, you refuse. "You gave us information voluntarily before, what have you got to hide now ?". And so it goes on. Plus, this whole charade is an exercise in bad faith and should be obstructed at every available opportunity as a matter of principle.

Can someone enlighten me on this point please. If we have irrefutable evidence (and I am confident we do), why did we just not present that during the investigation? Yes it may be commercially sensitive material, and the premier league were probably overreaching their jurisdiction, but the immense damage this has done the club and we could end up paying millions for some non-cooperation bull shit charge. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Because it's probably not as black and white as the PL asking a specific question and us providing the specific details of the transactions. They will potentially have asked for all transactions over a period of time, or relating to a specific supplier and that would involve providing information that is potentially irrelevant to the investigation (or the PL's mind, provide a chance to find something else to investigate).

I don’t and they’re fair comments. Ive just read on here multiple times (by several posters) that we would never provide them with commercially sensitive material.
we would never provide them with information they are not entitled to and not entitled to ask for anyway and nor should we, the pl have massively overstepped their remit of what information they feel like they should be allowed to access dont forget they genuinely believed they were entitled to peruse the books of etihad airways etc and that just wasnt going to happen when emirates sponsor arsenal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.