PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You know what! if this had happened (allegations of overspending -whatever the fuck) to another team, I swear to god I wouldn’t be shouting 'throw them out!', or, insisting they have their history airbrushed out - we fight till the end, and if we go down, we go down together. They touch our trophy cabinet and it's a riot!

This is just ridiculous now

The governing body of your sport throws accusations at you and the cost of hiring the quality of lawyer needed to have a fight in the game is held up as further evidence of your wrong doing. You must be guilty because you need an expensive lawyer

preposterous
Ha yes - like we should be using Lizars!

True but identifying related party transactions usually require shareholders to declare them - if related parties are non identifiable (offshore or nominee companies) coupled with shareholders failing to declare such then it’s impossible to recognise those transactions

Depends

If the auditor is aware of potential related party transactions from other sources they can ask for further info, and if they aren't satisfied with what they get they can refuse to sign off the accounts.

If such evidence exists I really don't think HMRC and the authorities would be waiting for the PL to pass judgement.

My point is I don't think the PL has such evidence as their allegations are so serious it should/would have already been taken up by the authorities.
Agreed. I those circumstances surely their judgement/sanctions would follow on from any HMRC outcome.

Last edited:
how much of a punishment would it take to dismantle our foundations and status ? relegation to the championship, transfer ban of 3 seasons or more, all would take years to rebuild, with the manager players could leave,

my feelings are they will want to punish Manchester city hard that it would take over 5 years to rebuild,
United and Liverpool would love 5 years of top 4 place without little challenges from arsenal and Newcastle and Chelsea,

the damage a transfer ban of 3 years would not hurt that much ? but add relegation to the pot, then it will be over
just think of the mess we would be in ? players leaving, manager leaving, lost revenue, it would be a disaster,
I even think our owners could sell up and say enough is enough,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.