PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

And the club knew from day one that certain club directors were making negative briefings about City to a select bunch of hacks. These club directors can only get such information from someone in the PL leadership in the loop on the investigation. The way the 115 charges narrative was sown was pure bad faith. City are right to be cautious.

As I said. A hostile investigation. No-one "acts in good faith" towards a hostile investigation.

I think we probably junked it because UEFA insisted on including the payments with all other remuneration. There was no point in having it separate any more in that case.

Wasn't that the same time as all the employees transferred to CFG came back to the club? Tends to lend weight to the idea that the two were connected, probably after the UEFA settlement was concluded?

As I said. A hostile investigation. No-one "acts in good faith" towards a hostile investigation.
There has been bad faith at all stages with the Eufa and now PL cases. I don’t care what anyone says about legal battles. Personal animosity always has an impact. For starters I think the tasteless jibe ( was it Simon Pearce who said on email “one down”) about the death of that UEFA official poisoned the well.

There has been bad faith at all stages with the Eufa and now PL cases. I don’t care what anyone says about legal battles. Personal animosity always has an impact. For starters I think the tasteless jibe ( was it Simon Pearce who said on email “one down”) about the death of that UEFA official poisoned the well.

Possibly, although I meant hostile not in a personal way but more as a reflection of a corrupted process that was trying to work towards a pre-determined conclusion rather than an independent consideration of the facts.

I am sure the club know exactly who was behind the UEFA witch-hunt yet our relationship with them now is better than it has ever been. I expect when this is all over the same will be true of the PL.

Wasn't that the same time as all the employees transferred to CFG came back to the club? Tends to lend weight to the idea that the two were connected, probably after the UEFA settlement was concluded?
We know they were connected as both involved the sale of IP to those parties. That was done to try to meet the first FFP assessment. The FFP rules were then changed so that the two subsidiaries were brought into the 'reporting perimeter' but the football services one was doing the vast majority of its business for City, so most of the staff were brought back in-house.

Third parties were not subject to PL regs at the time, but they have since added a requirement that they must agree as part of a sponsorship to divulge info that the PL ask for. Overreach, I think. May put some potential sponsors off. If, under the latest rules Etihad, for example, refused to hand info over, would City be charged with non cooperation? All very murky, if you ask me.
I can’t see the Saudis handing info to anybody!
Since the 115 came out we've concluded at least 4 or 5 sponsors, new or existing, without any hesitation or any questions asked.

Now ask yourself.

If we're rotten to the core, we wouldn't be allowed to conclude any fresh sponsorship deals or you would think sponsors and companies would give us a very wide berth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.