PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Just passing on what a mate of mine has said. He has a line of communication into the club and it's been reiterated recently that City are super confident of the outcome. Worth remembering that nobody can be 100% sure that we'll win of course even if we have a very strong case, and that's something Stefan has often pointed out.

Also, he heard that a lot of the charges won't even be discussed/have been dropped/thrown out. That squares with similar to what Tolmie said yonks ago. I for one am not sure on that particular aspect as I'd still expect all the charges to be considered when the panel sits even if the panel thinks some or all of them are not worth the paper they're written on?
I think the club sanctioning £400m investment into the Etihad tells you how confident they are. Obviously your mates words are reassuring too.

The bit that I am really curious about is our "Irrifutable evidence".

Given that the case is set aside to last for 10-12 weeks what would happen if we present this evidence at the start of the process and the investigators agree that we are right. If this suddenly wiped 50% of the charges away then surely the whole process time is drastically reduced.

Will be interesting how this works out.

On the morning of the CAS verdict, I was driving so had Talkshite on
It was a woman presenter along with two males (sure they were former footballers) and the build up to 9am, when the decision was officially released, was all about "what next for City when they're banned from Europe" etc

They went to the reporter outside CAS who spoke of the decision that City had been successful in its appeal, cleared of all the major charges and had the non cooperation fine reduced substantially

They went back to the studio and it was silence. They had no idea what to do next as the show had been scripted for City's guilt
Same with the kompany title winning goal. They were getting giddy in the talksport studio thinking we were gonna to blow it as the game went on. Then came vinnys thunderbastrd! They all just sat there gutted and couldn’t speak!

People far more intelligent than me have consistently asserted on this Forum that without a smoking gun, or some damning evidence that none of us knew existed, than City will be exonerated of all the major charges.

However I've never seen that viewpoint articulated in the mainstream media so I remain convinced that a "Not Guilty" verdict will be greeted with disappointment, dismay, mass hysteria and a sense that we exploit
you know that will happen but it will be yesterdays chip paper and eventually the trolls will have to move on.

The bit that I am really curious about is our "Irrifutable evidence".

Given that the case is set aside to last for 10-12 weeks what would happen if we present this evidence at the start of the process and the investigators agree that we are right. If this suddenly wiped 50% of the charges away then surely the whole process time is drastically reduced.

Will be interesting how this works out.
I’m still optimistically hoping for us to be fully cleared the week before the Derby at home. It could be chaotic.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola said the club is "ready to accept" whatever sentence is handed out in their upcoming hearing.

An independent panel will rule on 115 charges, including allegations that City broke the Premier League's financial rules.

Guardiola added that the Premier League champions were "innocent until proven guilty".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.