PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Imagine you were a journalist looking to distinguish yourself from the herd and make a name for yourself.

Wouldn't you think that exploring the possibility that City are just the victim of a witch-hunt and completely innocent would be worth an article?

Wouldn't it also be worth exploring the effect of such an outcome on the PL?

Maybe Martin Samuel will write something in his next column.
Being a journalist and daring to publicly look down that rabbit hole would see you:

Banned from any events/press conferences involving the rags, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and potentially others. Damaging your ability to grow, network and report.

Never invited onto Sky Sports, Talksport, any BBC media to present the "other" side.

You'd be left with writing stories on what Dickie Masters would call "smaller" clubs and relying on social media to share content. And we all know what a cesspit social media is.

Unfortunately, we're in the clickbait era. Journalism is dead.

Fanning the flames of CHEATING CITY and pandering to the red shirts for ad revenue is what the industry has become.

Last edited:
I think nearly all the charges are pre-Pep, but they are still used to discredit his success. If we are cleared, him being able to stick two fingers up will be glorious.

To be honest, whilst it would be nice to be vindicated, it won’t alter my stance in discussions with rags etc. I’ve always refused to accept the validity of the rules. Football has never censored spending until we became successful. Edwards family, Moores family, Walker, Fiszman, rags floating on stock exchange to raise money - all were allowed to do it without impediment. The only cheats are the law makers and those in the shadows behind them.

Only seen it reported that United are confident that the exemptions will allow them to pass PSR, which would suggest the Premier League hasn’t waved it through (sorry, scrupulously examined it) yet
Last month they got exemptions for covid and for scruffy Jim's takeover, that no one else got. I dont think they were examined by the PL.

Last edited:
I think nearly all the charges are pre-Pep, but they are still used to discredit his success. If we are cleared, him being able to stick two fingers up will be glorious.

To be honest, whilst it would be nice to be vindicated, it won’t alter my stance in discussions with rags etc. I’ve always refused to accept the validity of the rules. Football has never censored spending until we became successful. Edwards family, Moores family, Walker, Fiszman, rags floating on stock exchange to raise money - all were allowed to do it without impediment. The only cheats are the law makers and those in the shadows behind them.
Yep and even now the rules are bent to suit them. At least the rags COVID losses story is now appearing in a few papers. Even if we did pay Mancini a couple of mil extra 10 years ago, surely that is small fry compared to the £120m COVID losses the rags have been allowed to write off?

And the only person, to my mind, who disrespected the dead that day was Ferguson chewing away as he laid a wreath in memorial. Disgraceful.
What I most remember about that day was that both teams agreed to not have a sponsors name on their shirts, to mark the occasion.
Then, out comes the GPC, in full chewing gum mode, as described, alongside Sven and the players, all holding hands with a child. City players had kids with the rags away kit whist the home side obviously had them in a home kit.
Never one to miss an opportunity, every child had a kit with AIG emblazoned on the front. Really got to me did that and, truth be told, still does..

IMG_0604.jpeg

Great post to remind us of why all these restrictive rules were brought in. To keep the cartel at the top of the table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.