PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

There probably is a word for people who make predictions...then fulfill it themselves!

"Haaland's hat-tricks, injuries to Nathan Ake, Phil Foden and Rodri, being top of the Premier League, having to play two games in three days.

There is lots for Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola to talk about today.
But I am guessing there will be a different starting point.

To be fair this "trial" is a huge story, the UK press will be gutted when it ends, not sure how they will fill the space, even more so with a not guilty verdict.
Yes, I would like to be fair, but then I think... why should I be fair to them, they are never fair to us. Swings and roundabouts. :-)

I do however take your point. :-)

This is the bit I have difficulty with in understanding the PLs position regarding the equity funding allegations.

At CAS they know the evidence from the emails has been properly considered against rebuttal evidence provided by CIty including the full run of the emails and therefore the missing context, evidence from City (Pearce) and evidence from Etihad, (didn't Etihad's representative say the allegation they only paid 8 million was ridiculous considering the sponsorship valuation), expert witness testimony from an accounts expert regarding the contents of Etihad's accounts and ADUG accounts (confirming no payments were made, particularly from HHSM or ADUG, but none of sufficient value, or smaller multiples thereof to cover the balance of the sponsorship value.

No other evidence other than the emails was offered by UEFA.

The above provided the basis from which the justices formed their "No evidence" opinion that equity funding took place.

So what possible evidence could be available (that City or Etihad would reasonably release to the PL if they were guilty) to prove such conduct did in fact take place? I strongly suspect there is none.

If there is none then the PL are relying solely that the IC will reach a finding contrary to the CAS justices (ignoring the 2-1 majority debacle). Isn't that going out on a limb somewhat with paper thin reasoning to believe that outcome is possible, considering the more likely outcome?

The more you try and reason it the more perplexing it becomes. Yet the PL are prepared to throw a 5 year, £20 Million "Hail Mary" at it.

Should things go in our favour as I suspect then the PL will get everything they deserve in the fallout. If it were possible I personally think we should pursue them for reputational damages should it be such a spectacular failure. The whole thing will have proved nothing more than a witch hunt with a show trial based on the flimsiest of evidence on already litigated matters.

Well, I suspect they have much more "evidence" from the 2018 and 2022 der Spiegel leaks and from their four year investigation than was available to UEFA, over a much greater number of years. Certainly enough to build a circumstantial case. And part of that circumstantial case, I imagine, would be the club's inability (ie refusal) to provide external information from ADUG and the sponsors.

Not sure what the PL could do, other than refer their circumstantial evidence to a disciplinary panel. The alternative, dropping the case without seeing and considering the counter-evidence, would set a terrible precedent.

I will say again, though, the fact that the club has manipulated the PL into taking this action means to me that they are super-confident. If they weren't, they would have settled long ago.

Imagine you were a journalist looking to distinguish yourself from the herd and make a name for yourself.

Wouldn't you think that exploring the possibility that City are just the victim of a witch-hunt and completely innocent would be worth an article?

Wouldn't it also be worth exploring the effect of such an outcome on the PL?

Maybe Martin Samuel will write something in his next column.

Imagine you were a journalist looking to distinguish yourself from the herd and make a name for yourself.

Wouldn't you think that exploring the possibility that City are just the victim of a witch-hunt and completely innocent would be worth an article?

Unfortunately doesn’t work that way to get paid, it’s a race to the bottom for click on websites and the narrative City have done nothing wrong doesn’t generate those clicks. A hatchet job does though.

When we get proven innocent then we can come out and let them all know what witch hunt it was by certain clubs and the media were utter one eyed cunts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.