PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It’s funny PSR/FFP is there to stop clubs going out of business (allegedly).
But the PL, the media and all the other clubs are trying to do just that.
They don’t just want us relegated they want us gone, permanently.
Yes, and once we have gone then the EPL will effectively be a permanent three team league which will die through a lack of interest.

As you well know, you don't use a witness who can harm your case more than they can help it. I can't believe they expect to land the Mancini-related charges.

Given the outcome at CAS, I also can't believe they expect they can land the sponsorship charges. If I'm right that they knew about Fordham back in 2015, and neither UEFA nor the PL did anything at the time or subsequently, then they surely can't be confident they can land that either. So why do this?

We've speculated that it's just to damage our reputation, which looks more and more like a rational explanation, plus they might hope to get us on the non-cooperation allegations. Given the cost of this to the PL, if I was one of the non-cartel member clubs of the PL, I'd be asking some very searching questions once this is over.
But surely PB the premier league’s legal advisors would be coming across with the same view would they not be advising them on this that it is a no no,they can’t be that stupid to not take proper legal advice surely and run with something that may make them look a laughing stock..

City said in the official statement that they have "Comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence". I have always wondered what that might be..? Is it Audit report, Bank transaction details, Full chain of email conversations or something else...?

What's your thought on that, PB....?

It’s the signed off audited accounts, of course we will have more to substantiate it (possibly including what you mention).

But for me it’s posturing and building up the accounts.

Have them at the start point and make them credible and then the PL has a hell of a job disproving them with I’m guessing just circumstancal evidence

As you well know, you don't use a witness who can harm your case more than they can help it. I can't believe they expect to land the Mancini-related charges.

Given the outcome at CAS, I also can't believe they expect they can land the sponsorship charges. If I'm right that they knew about Fordham back in 2015, and neither UEFA nor the PL did anything at the time or subsequently, then they surely can't be confident they can land that either. So why do this?

We've speculated that it's just to damage our reputation, which looks more and more like a rational explanation, plus they might hope to get us on the non-cooperation allegations. Given the cost of this to the PL, if I was one of the non-cartel member clubs of the PL, I'd be asking some very searching questions once this is over.

The rest of the PL just do what they are told by the cartel clubs in my view.

However, I don’t feel we are too far from an uprising as people have seen those views for what they are.

I expect there will follow a relaxing of the rules to help the so called lesser teams (sure that was Masters word).

But surely PB the premier league’s legal advisors would be coming across with the same view would they not be advising them on this that it is a no no,they can’t be that stupid to not take proper legal advice surely and run with something that may make them look a laughing stock..
I'm not sure that logic or reason play much part in the PL's approach deano.

I really love Pep's mentality, especially the phrase “I want to defend my club, …”

Love him to, but he came out and said his piece last week.

I think we should go with the line of respecting the process and therefore will not be making any further comment until after the trail has been heard and a judgment has been made.

Give Pep a rest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.