PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

IF that was true, does it not basically put to bed all the scaremongering surrounding what will happen if City were to lose the battle?

Why would the PL offer a measly 6 point deduction if they know they can take us to the cleaners in court

I can't see it being 6 points. The optics of a settlement would have been bad enough without the punishment then being less than Everton. Remember this is a world where Everyone got 10pts (initially) for one charge and we have 115 of them. The public interest means it's unlikely the PL would offer such a deal.

It's also the fact that we would then be determined to be guilty and possibly would have had to issue a statement accordingly. Every City fan has to be optimistic on the basis that we refused to take a settlement.

Reactions: Bez
I can't see it being 6 points. The optics of a settlement would have been bad enough without the punishment then being less than Everton. Remember this is a world where Everyone got 10pts (initially) for one charge and we have 115 of them. The public interest means it's unlikely the PL would offer such a deal.

It's also the fact that we would then be determined to be guilty and possibly would have had to issue a statement accordingly. Every City fan has to be optimistic on the basis that we refused to take a settlement.
Yeah, your 2nd paragraph is what I was getting at, in that if we thought we'd be found guilty, then we'd likely accept that settlement knowing that we would be found guilty anyway.

It would seem a monumentally stupid decision, to stick your fingers in your ears and hope that you'd manage to come out successful.

I think we knew the probabilities prior to the case, and are clearly more than confident that we can come out with a better outcome than the original settlement, assuming there actually was one.

Remember this is a world where Everton got 10pts (initially) for one charge and we have 115 of them.

Sure I read somewhere that Everton's was multiple charges (like Forest) but the press just reported them as one so ours looked worse.

Anyone confirm this?

Yeah, your 2nd paragraph is what I was getting at, in that if we thought we'd be found guilty, then we'd likely accept that settlement knowing that we would be found guilty anyway.

It would seem a monumentally stupid decision, to stick your fingers in your ears and hope that you'd manage to come out successful.

I think we knew the probabilities prior to the case, and are clearly more than confident that we can come out with a better outcome than the original settlement, assuming there actually was one.

The best lawyers work on probabilities. They don't wing it, that's why they cost the big bucks. They know all the procedure all the case law all the loopholes and they know, within reason, chances of success as a result. And City's owners are far too shrewd to ignore counsel opinion and refuse a settlement that could have been advantageous.

I also don't think for a minute they would be endorsing or supporting fraudulent activities within the club, even more so when there was immense scrutiny around us from the get go.

They've invested in the club and others to build a significant footballing enterprise worthy of substantial investment and delivering significant returns. The outside investment we have secured will have undoubtedly seen the respective parties share financial particulars as well. There's a multitude of reasons why the charges are so unlikely to be proven.

We aren't a behind closed doors outfit or a start up building a secretive empire. We are talking global business and investment with huge resources and they do things by the book.

Tangential I know but here's top twat/Harris showing he might not be as bright as he thinks he is.

Lots of Arsenal goons making similar points.

The amount of time the ball is in play obviously has no bearing on the amount of injury time there js. The ball is in play for longer as a result of there being more injury time...I hope his analysis of the charges is equally flawed!

Also doesnt take into account how much possession we had. If arsenal had more possession they could have wasted more time with dead balls, throw ins etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.