PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Utd's UEFA FFP? Fined after UEFA disallowed the 40 million COVID costs. Not UEFA's fault it was ignored by the press.

Utd's PL FFP? 40 million COVID costs would have been reviewed at a high level. I think the costs have to be audited. Nothing really to see here unless you believe in conspiracy.

Utd's share costs? Same as above, would have been reviewed at a high level and audited presumably. They shouldn't have been included in the club's accounts anyway, but I can't see any rule for allowing them as deductible costs. Bit weird.

Liverpool hacking? Settled between the parties.

Liverpool 50 mill Stanley Park costs? Again, would have been reviewed at high level and probably audited. Seems way too high, though. Also a bit weird.

Chelsea off-books payments? Being investigated. It takes the PL a while, bless them.

Chelsea asset sales? No rule against it in the PL so accepted, but will be disallowed by UEFA. But stupid of the PL. Surprise, not.

Strange player sales at year end? Will be reviewed for arm's length under the threshold payment rules but not sure the PL has the strength for more conflict. Threatened with "good faith" rule, but Leicester ruling may scupper that. Anyway, we will see when the accounts for 2023/24 are reviewed by the PL.

Did I miss anything?
Re: the Utd UEFA FFP failure...should they not be subject to the same allegation as levelled against City.... from the PL statement, "requiring a member club to comply with UEFA’s regulations, including UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, namely:
(a) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rule B.14.6; and
(b) for Seasons 2014/15 to 2017/18 inclusive, Premier League Rule B.15.6."

Also doesnt take into account how much possession we had. If arsenal had more possession they could have wasted more time with dead balls, throw ins etc.
Reviewed the 2nd half on City+ : the "shithousery" starts 64th min. - Raya 2m10s lost ; 70th - Havertz 1m ; 72nd - Calafiori 1m30s ; 82nd Rice ( booked time wasting ) 50s ; 85th Martinelli 50s ; Gabriel 1m20s ( up to 90m ) Add on 2mins for substitutions = a minimum of 9 mins. There were other occasions when Tarquins " sat down for a rest ° and the hapless Oliver let play go on.Of course the persistent disruptions prevented City ever getting up "a head of steam" So extra time - 7 mins. Gabriel still down "injured" and play starts at 91.40 . Raya delays a goal kick ; Jesus booking 30s and City score at 97.20 in effect only 5 mins ( of the allocated 7 mins ) played. The game does kick off but then Haaland gets involved in a skirmish and Oliver blows for time. Might have been interesting if Oliver had allowed City the extra 2 mins !

Re: the Utd UEFA FFP failure...should they not be subject to the same allegation as levelled against City.... from the PL statement, "requiring a member club to comply with UEFA’s regulations, including UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, namely:
(a) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rule B.14.6; and
(b) for Seasons 2014/15 to 2017/18 inclusive, Premier League Rule B.15.6."

No.

Edit: Sorry that was a little abrupt. I think the allegation in respect of breaching UEFA regulations is about providing them incorrect information in bad faith, rather than failing FFP. It's not the PL's job to assess UEFA FFP violations, it's their job to provide information to UEFA.

Whataboutisms like this make us look as desperate as Harris/Magic Twat look when they refuse to accept there could be any another context around the leaked emails than their interpretation. That's why I tried to include as many of them in my original post. There are plenty of holes in the arguments of rival fans to exploit without asking what about this and what about that, imho.

Last edited:
What I most remember about that day was that both teams agreed to not have a sponsors name on their shirts, to mark the occasion.
Then, out comes the GPC, in full chewing gum mode, as described, alongside Sven and the players, all holding hands with a child. City players had kids with the rags away kit whist the home side obviously had them in a home kit.
Never one to miss an opportunity, every child had a kit with AIG emblazoned on the front. Really got to me did that and, truth be told, still does..

View attachment 131575
And the City fans were IMPECCABLE.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.