PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Carragher is just a your typical pundit
Knows everything but has zero back up to any of it
He doesn’t want us to be bigger than Liverpool therefore we can’t be
They changed the rules to stop us spending our own money, then it’s related parties, then loans
Next it will be you can’t wear blue
Problem is the city lad on the overlap is a bellend just like the united local brummie glory hunter

In our latest accounts we had record revenues of just over £700m and yet only made £80m in profit. Of that £700m, £300m of it was broadcast revenue, the majority, for being in the PL and reaching the final of the CL. These revenues would disappear overnight. That wipes out the profit and gives us an approx. £200m black hole.

The leagues below the PL also have FFP/PSR, so if we go down there, we would have similar rules to abide by but with a much lower turnover. We would be looking for players earning £10kp/w not £300kp/w. It would be a fire-sale and if after all that, we could somehow scrape a side together that could get promoted, we would be back in the PL at a starting point similar to just before the Mansour takeover but now with rules in place that would make a similar investment in players and subsequent rise through the PL almost impossible.

The club will always go in in some shape or form, of that I am certain. However, this current Manchester City, this behemoth of a club, would IMO be effectively finished by a guilty verdict.

I know that sounds pessimistic and possibly overly dramatic but that’s how it feels to me. I pray I am miles wide of the mark.
A bit lost how you've managed to do the maths to get the £200m black hole, but then not taken into account your later point of players being on £10k a week instead of £300k a week.

It's purely hypothetical, but that would also save ~£300m based on your assumptions.

Either way, let's hope it doesn't come to that.

The majority of people that believe we are guilty have done no research and they just want to go with the City are guilty narrative. If you are a fan of the red cartel, you want City gone. They can't beat us on the pitch over a season. We were mid table 15 years ago. Since then City have rewritten the history books. Because there have been so many reports and stories about City's guilt and potential punishments, this is what people now believe. I have spoken to many fans of other clubs and they have not got a scooby about City's case or the CAS judgment. But, the majority will think City are guilty and spout the usual crap "no smoke without fire". It's easier for the brain to go with City are guilty. No research required. No deep thinking. We've said it before, this feels like a smear campaign plain and simple. It is very unlikely that we will get the punishments the red cartel fans would like us to get. So, they better get used to having City around. We are not going anywhere. When we are cleared of the main charges we will still be guilty by fans of the red cartel and the media because that helps them cope with the fact that their big history club isn't winning like it used to. Mind the twats. They are all zombies of social media the mainstream media outlets. Come on City.

Hahaha!!

So poor little Chloe has already made her bed, in that regardless of the outcome, City are just going to 'get away with it'.

For anyone wondering why the likes of Talksport and Simon Jordan have their extremely ridiculous opinion on this whole situation, its purely to appease the absolute morons out there, such as Chloe.

The amount of nodding dogs in that audience there just says it all, and explains why Talksport probably make record profits year after year.
Nodding dogs hahah that’s a quality way to describe them.

The majority of people that believe we are guilty have done no research and they just want to go with the City are guilty narrative. If you are a fan of the red cartel, you want City gone. They can't beat us on the pitch over a season. We were mid table 15 years ago. Since then City have rewritten the history books. Because there have been so many reports and stories about City's guilt and potential punishments, this is what people now believe. I have spoken to many fans of other clubs and they have not got a scooby about City's case or the CAS judgment. But, the majority will think City are guilty and spout the usual crap "no smoke without fire". It's easier for the brain to go with City are guilty. No research required. No deep thinking. We've said it before, this feels like a smear campaign plain and simple. It is very unlikely that we will get the punishments the red cartel fans would like us to get. So, they better get used to having City around. We are not going anywhere. When we are cleared of the main charges we will still be guilty by fans of the red cartel and the media because that helps them cope with the fact that their big history club isn't winning like it used to. Mind the twats. They are all zombies of social media the mainstream media outlets. Come on City.

Good post mate but ffs use paragraphs.

Seen some bellend ex Everton CEO or something saying he’s heard whispers from the court that a settlement will be agreed and it will result in 1, possibly 2 relegations

WTF.. what planet is he on? As if city would agree to settle the case with that!!!!

FIrst time post.

Id be disappointed if we were proven to be cheating. I'd be angry withe the clubs ownership for taking liberties, I'd probably even accept serious punishment. but it wouldn't actually matter - we'd stillplay football twice weekly and still have a laugh. Our grandkids might even get to see us win a trophy. Happy days.

Yeah but cheating by whose definition? Why should we be the only club not allowed to spend money when for decades before, the entitled clubs did so with impunity?

I refuse to accept their rules. They are the cheats. I will never bow my head to anyone accusing us, regardless of the outcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.