PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yeah quite possibly, Madrid was at least an attractive option.

The biggest impact though with the charges is perception - making us less attractive to potential sponsors, players and fans.

It's a really hard one to quantify, but if Rice had the option of moving to united when they were at their best, maybe 25 years ago, do we think he'd have chosen a team who'd won fuck all for years ahead of them, just because they were based in London? Wouldn't happen. The press would have been leading him north from the start, praising both him and the club for the move.

We've been shat on for years now. Some players may ignore all that, but I'm sure some along the line have done.
Cardiff are suing Nantes for £120m arguing that if they has Sala playing for them, they would have stayed up.
Don't think they'll get anywhere with it.
However, if we do win the main case, it does open up the possibility that we can point to players who could have joined and say not signing them because of the ongoing case cost us winning a champions league and trying to sue based on that.

Cardiff are suing Nantes for £120m arguing that if they has Sala playing for them, they would have stayed up.
However, if we do win the main case, it does open up the possibility that we can point to players who could have joined and say not signing them because of the ongoing case cost us winning a champions league and trying to sue based on that.

I reckon our lawyers will need a rest by then...

You don't know that.

There's every chance that the constant drip, drip, drip of bad media over the past 16 years had some kind of impact in their thinking. That's before we even think about the possible impact of the charges.

The alternative situation would have been that we'd been praised to high heaven over this time and looked up to for what we are - the best club in the country, if not the world. Players should be desperate to join us.
I think it seems a bit naive by some to assume these charges had no impact on our appeal to some (not all) of our potential transfer targets. Why wouldn't players include that in their consideration when deciding which club to join? Because our guys say "dont worry about it"? I'm not saying we cant attract players or that no one would join but if a player has several top clubs as options it could definitely be considered as a risk that swings it in another clubs favor.

Cant wait until this is finally over.

I think it seems a bit naive by some to assume these charges had no impact on our appeal to some (not all) of our potential transfer targets. Why wouldn't players include that in their consideration when deciding which club to join? Because our guys say "dont worry about it"? I'm not saying we cant attract players or that no one would join but if a player has several top clubs as options it could definitely be considered as a risk that swings it in another clubs favor.

Cant wait until this is finally over.
Im with you. At the very least its unhelpful

There are very few of us that think we will get off all the charges, but i expect what ever charge they do pin on us ( we all have our favorite ) to be vastly less in cost, than the cost of the 115 case before it went to the panel, would be interesting knowing what the cost is so far:). You can keep your dirty mag, we have the Maine road Hustler.

“Get off”?

There are very few of us that think we will get off all the charges, but i expect what ever charge they do pin on us ( we all have our favorite ) to be vastly less in cost, than the cost of the 115 case before it went to the panel, would be interesting knowing what the cost is so far:). You can keep your dirty mag, we have the Maine road Hustler.
Minor charges only if any. Admin fine only as no competitive advantage shown.

A big reach.

Bit classless by Cardiff.

A bit unfair. He has generally stayed out of the thread unless he has a point to make. I think he is wrong about the new stand, though.
When he first joined he was a lot more up front with his views, he was called out on it and disappeared for a bit.

Since he has come back, he is more measured in not being so open with his real views, make no mistake, he is just another cúnt waiting patiently for City to get fucked by the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.