PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I listened to all of the podcast inc the Patreon bit. I thought he articulated the bear case well but with far too much certainty around his key themes and the outcome. Plus there is a lot of naivety. The stuff about sanctions (forced sale stuff) and 5 November in particular is extremely unlikely to be true. But generally there is little wrong with his breakdown - I was impressed albeit no real need to listen if you understand the nuts and bolts.
Can they still shit in the woods?

I know I know. I was intrigued. And open minded.

So for the rest of us who didn't listen, please tell me when you say that you were impressed by it and he breaks it down well, that it's not the stuff he puts across on X and he was making no assumptions of guilt in the podcast thing?

I don't see how they get past the colusion point that Etihad, Etisalat, all their auditors must have conspired to falsely match. up the reporting of the 'fraud".I don't think they had the foresight to think through that consequence.

On the other hand I do think this has been approached from the angle of we need to find something against City to seriously weaken them and they will probably never get a better chance.

I know it’s a completely different case involving different bodies and people and completely different charges and conditions, but Lassana Diarra’s case against FIFA shows that courts are making decisions that football governing bodies are making rules that are inconsistent with the law, especially competition law.
They are getting too big for their boots and need reminding that they can’t just do what they want.

Something needs to leak on this, because I am so fucking sick of reading sensationalist headlines based on "insiders" (including our own, no offense to Stefan), former club officials and ex-players - so much "content" has been and is being generated around this based zero fucking facts. Argh.

So for the rest of us who didn't listen, please tell me when you say that you were impressed by it and he breaks it down well, that it's not the stuff he puts across on X and he was making no assumptions of guilt in the podcast thing?
It’s the same stuff with his absolute confidence of outcome

I am a City fan and I think we will be found innocent, but I also think we have to be balanced.

There is clearly more being discussed in this case then at CAS.

Our lawyers have agreed to the time frame for the hearing, must think that PL evidence must be at least 2 weeks worth, CAS was 1 day.

As to the question is their a whistleblower or significant credible evidence, we won’t know until after this case as it is confidential until we get the written judgement, so I wouldn’t say there is not one.

However, you are right no one has got public and would take a level of professionalism from the PL and red cartel beyond what they have done before, not to be shouting about it in the press.

But they have very good legal representation who will have advised the best way to do it.

There’s nothing wrong with being confident, I genuinely believe as in all cases we are going in on the basis that it is more likely we have not done it and so PL will need to have good evidence.

But until we actually know what they have (and they obviously have something to show as do we). Then we have no assurance.

I somehow think my point has got lost with people saying we have no defence to certain points, that would be very unlikely at this point.
Very good legal representation who will have advised of the best way to perform a stitch up? I'm sure...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.