PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The one thing that worries me and as done for years is why the club have never really responded to the constant shit thrown at us from different sectors season after season.
Yes we can call it jealousy but it seems really strange that in the cesspit of the footballing industry we kept turning the other cheek to be attacked again and again and again.
The final straw for me was the joint statement with the Dippers.
It seems we really wanted "friends" that badly that the club would put up with anything as just not to upset the warlords.
I hope to God this wasn't done because we'd made mistakes and are guilty of something and that it's just the style of our club not lowering itself to the "English disease" that is journalism.

Sometimes less is more. The less we give the more the accusers have to justify.

Ultimately no-one will ever fully know the business model that city uses unless they share it but why would they? How many businesses provide more than what they are legally obligated to provide? City haven't been charged by any authority for any crime except for those levelled by the clowns in the Premier League.

You have to remember that the Premier League oversaw wild spending in the past and did nothing, think Wimbledon, Leeds, Portsmouth etc. It's not hard to argue that the Premier League should be investigating its own role in its ability to police club finances.
I mentioned earlier on the thread that if we have been blagging these cunts for 14 years they are clearly nowhere near capable of managing the PL.

I’d also add that if we’ve been blagging them for 14 years to the tune of 100 charges, wouldn’t that suggest other clubs may have also the same?

They’re literally saying “we are very shit” by charging us.

The mind really does boggle.

Why do the charges stop in 18/19, what about the last few years?
There are charges after that date but for non-cooperation. I think PB suggested that it's to do with image rights as the company who used to hold them, sold/gave them back in 2019 and went out of business (Fordham ?)

5. In respect of the period from December 2018 to date, the Premier League Rules applicable in the relevant Seasons requiring a member club to cooperate with, and assist, the Premier League in its investigations, including by providing documents and information to the Premier League in the utmost good faith, namely:
(a) for Season 2018/19, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(b) for Season 2019/20, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(c) for Season 2020/21, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(d) for Season 2021/22, Premier League Rules B.15, B.18, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13; and
(e) for Season 2022/23, Premier League Rules B.15, B.18, W.1, W.2, W.15 and W.16.

Could City take subsequent civil action against the PL for reputational or financial damage. The PL charge decison was briefed to the media before City received it for example. That is certainly the PL acting in bad faith. It seems incredible we would have no redress for something which could devastate our business wth job losses, delayed developments in Manchester city-centre, ruin careers and local sub-contractors, and create stress for thousands of our fans. Is it really the case in the UK that a three-person panel can have those sort of powers without any protection for the accused party?
The Prem, even after four years of preparation, have made some cack-handed errors already. Our lawyers are onto it and they've barely got started. I reckon that the Prem's ineptitude has already got their cartel friends worried that the case for the prosecution is falling apart. Our lawyers will be looking for a way to get this into court and I'm convinced they will.

This case will likely drag on and on. The media will continue to stoke the fires of speculation.
How far will that affect player / manager concentration and confidence?
Will it encourage key players to want away?
Or can the club switch this attack and use to our advantage?

Tune in next week, for another exciting instalment of: Financial Doap.

If we get found guilty, we can forget the super league. We won’t be “invited”.

That’s the end game here. Not to Nick a few titles from us. It is to literally end the club as a going concern.
You simply cannot have people with brown skin owning a successful football team in this country. If our owner was like the Venky’s , there’d be none of this.
Unfortunately for him and us, he is the wrong sort of Muslim.

All that said, he and Khaldoon are also nobody’s fools and if anyone thinks they’ve done all this hard work and been stupid enough to risk it all being undone by not covering tracks properly, they don’t know who our owner is.

We shall prevail on this, I have no doubt. Eventually.
We may well have to take a punch or two before the final bell, but when it rings it won’t be the FA having their arm raised.

It is always darkest before the dawn blues. Ride the next few weeks and months out. It will make the victory so much sweeter.

Superbia in Proelio
Well said my friend.

Here's my naive little blue tinted view of things.....

A few questions. Unless the answer is No to the majority, it is a witch hunt and we should have nothing to answer to:

- Have City added to the success and marketability of the Premier League? I.E. have we helped create value for the League, their Directors, employees, other clubs, etc.?
- Has City's presence been a force for good in the Community?
- Have City generally set an example of how to run a Football Club in a 1st class way?
- Have City been solely or largely responsible for creating an environment in the League where success is impossible without money?
- Has City's way of running the club unfairly affected club staff, young players, coaches or other employees?
- Have City been unethical in their business practices, employment contracts, external Contractor dealings, or in any other way to consistently draw justified criticism?

I could go on and on.

Compared with other big clubs, I don't think any club has contributed more to the excitement of the Premier League, improvements in the Community and forcing other Clubs to look at and improve themselves more than City have.

If we are criminals, where are the victims?

and improvenim
Absolutely nothing of that little lot has anything to do with the charges though?

So what have the PL been doing every season for the last decade auditing our accounts, making sure we comply with PL FFP, and singing our accounts off?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.